Where There IS A Will There is a Way

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CatherineRose, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I am level 78 and finishing up the final parts of the Shroud quest and have not done any PVP yet. The latest PVP changes do make it more likely I will try it soon. I watch Fzol on stream a lot and have been working to get my stats up and optimize my character. I feel like I still need to get my deck building skills up. I wouldn't mind going up against characters close to my own level.

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

A brief summary and recommendation:

Summary from my perspective:

Successfully allowed GM powers to be used and the no-loot option made it more enticing to first time and inexperienced players to get a taste of PVP.

Short notice of the event did not allow for planning/creation of more balanced combatant sides.

Recommendations:

Party size limitation for big battles is the biggest detractor and has been proven in four previous big battles.

Try a PVE GM event to get more people involved. There are plenty of big cities or POTs to hold them in. Why not weekly or every other week. Please allow for at least 50% loot drop from mobs to encourage participation. If PVP folks want to fight each other while at it then let them have it. Battle of Aerie was a good example of it.

That is all I have to say about the event. Do a PVE event and I will show up and support it. Count me out of PvP until the Raid party option is available and the “I win” bandit gear has a chain/Plate/cloth option to it.

Correction. Just get rid of the bandit gear as making similar types for cloth/chain/plate will finish off crafting.

R/Boris

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Numa likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

if there ever is an option for players to masquerade as NPC's under the GM's direction just let me know ;)

Wouldn't mind roleplaying a member of a hostile skeleton warrior band. Being anonymous takes a lot of sting out of a PvP death. Lots of people would enlist guranteed.

Bedawyn, Trinity and Boris Mondragon like this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I wanted to apologize I came late and at some point I think I killed the camera lady... I was not aware there were people that were not there to pvp... that was my bad. At least I only did it once.

On another note the solution I came up with for protection on res I put forward to Chris. I got the idea from Anarchy online which seemed to work well for pvp.

It works as follows:

1. on death or entering a zone you are in your protection bubble until you either cast or charge a hostile spell or attack. You are also in your bubble until you move any direction.

2. the bubble will last until rule one happens this allows people on zone on slow machines to be safe, it also allows after death the option of a player to just stand and watch and or decide if its too much to have the option to port out rather then face the fight.

On another note based on speed increase GM powers well fun made it terrible for some classes to survive as the speed in which dots and other things kill you is NUTS. That said I would love to see maybe what I have seen other games do that dmg in pvp only gets reduced to half which allows for longer battles and more options to survive. This also stops the 1 shot killing that happens when you run into top players with max stats. (not sure how others would feel about this.) This not only makes group pvp easier for new people but also gives people a chance to deal with things. Time speed up would still hurt but at least be more reasonable against the dot classes. When a fire mage now can put on a dot that does 70-100/per second normal rate at the higher speed you are dead before you even know what is killing you.

These are just my thoughts and opinions :)

Edit: additional info

This also will help prevent exploit by groups where if more than one PVPer die and spawn and are standing there as the group gets bigger and they are buffing it gives non dead people the option to run or leave as the numbers grow. Same with when people come into an instance as a group they are all protected until they move etc. It worked really well in Anarchy with very few exploits. This also solves the issue on zone crash as you come back in and are protected still as you didnt move allows you to decide if you are in over your head and need to exit.

Gov Xee. @Chris

Trinity and Numa like this.
  5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Absolutely! That's the one thing that WOULD get me into PVP -- the ability to temporarily roleplay a character whose violent actions would be completely out of character for me normally, in order to provide a better experience for other roleplayers. Of course, I'd probably suck at it, since everyone says the skills are different, but I wouldn't even mind training for it in that kind of situation, and even NPCs need cannon fodder.

Trinity, Anpu, Lesni and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.