Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Where we are in 2017, close to launch?

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Game needs years longer to devel0p into a game this IP co-relation demand. Much more fully featured game engine with more and better features that players want like better encounters, quests, combat, group and guild related features. These "city sieges" I have no idea what they are for.. Overworld so lacking in feature and control flow makes game seem to miss it's mark of a adventure styled game.

Portalarium should really try to refine the actual genre of this game because it still could have more content dedicated to decorating and building that to any sort of adventuring or PvP one..

Maybe years to go before even 1.0 version, I don't think that's a bad thing either..
    Gamers who joined the kickstarter got a gameworld that Portalarium created and worked to get players playing in game with their purchased properties ASAP..

Combat and encounters seem to get like 1/10 the features of housing and creating, it seems, many aspects could use with addition of big investments to "pump up" the engine with features players want, more depth to the world and in general more stuff that has design and purpose.

Close to launch? I don't think so. If Portalarium is saying they are done with major features then that is precisely wrong and they should be working on features across the board, probably try to leave certain areas now such as Housing and decorating - sufficient amount of features for now. Maybe things which allow for improvents where designing and layout of player lots... There is lot of potential still, like how you submit the design of your town and it gets made (or you submit your own Unity assests for approval)...

This IP-cousin deserves to be much mightier.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I think mmmggrggggmmm gmmmrrggg gg mgmrggg. You are correct in thinking mggrggrr. Mgrgmggrrr mm gg rr mgmrrgg gggrr gggrrr mgm. Sorry for rhe languuage. I did not want ti offend anyone.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I'll have you know I can read mgrgr'rese.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  4. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Is that Nerglish?

5. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

Major features? What major features?

The game has no loot. Glitchy combat. But we are getting constantly new houses and items we have to pay money for...
    Can we just... I don't know... get a complete game before we start the money grabbing?

6. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I'd be willing to keep the game delayed until the game is ready-ready. Being able to play what we've got in early access excuses the years-long wait as far as I'm concerned.

Lord Ravnos and sake888 like this.
  7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

End of Early Access = official launch = judgemant day

8. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I agree, and hopefully after they're "Story Complete" they can swing back around and address hardcore all of the current systems issues, and the barely adequate/missing systems (agriculture, animal husbandry) that were promised during the kick-starter will be fleshed out to at least 99%. Because, quite frankly, if that doesn't get done, no amount of new and shiny deco items is going to keep the masses logging in... :-/

But I have faith in their proven track record of constant releases with constant improvements.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Release: 31.07.2017

10. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Well I watched almost all of the telethon regarding combat...
    So many good things throughout all that massive telethon, watching really takes me on a bit of a rollercoaster as the video plays us true life of game making and the Dev's lives, they share things which have deeply effected them from Star being home sick for weeks now, to other tragic losses throughout the team and other community members. Sota continues to defy all genre labels.
    Waiting for Duke Violations follow up "missed questions", thanks in advance.

Anyways in the mean time I didn't see any other thread releated to telethon information but I'll just brain-dump my thoughts here.

Combat - re-affirms my feedback that combat is no-where near good shape!

Chris (I put on my own mustash "tough talk" persona) - Describes combat as "His baby". This makes me concerned as right now he's working on performance tweaking.
    In general Chris tries to play the "good cop" and re-affirm that things are all 'ok' and might tend to deflect some questions away with explanations.
    PvP - needs more players to be able to succeed. Wrong IMO (current goals not met, so many things exist as placeholders)
    PvP - limitations - VFX limiting progress- So Wrong
    PvP - agrees combat might need new tech and features - hell YES, but no announcements of anything happening, it's presumed only incrimental changes
    Active controls - I think there was some interest in more active controls in combat but didn't seem serious about moving quickly on these things.

New players - the need to attract new players - You haven't fullfilled original content requirements yet (referring to combat, sieges)

B-Cotton - definitely seems interested in adding more stretch goals type stuff, admits to many flaws of combat (eg staffs)
    B-Cotton - believes Combat trees are fleshed out good - Wrong IMO. Trees are far too stereotypical of 'average' MMO types, under-developed in many trees
    B-Cotton - keen on introducing other cool combat things from previous Ultima games (re: Magic Axe), but that is not active development stuff (agreed)
    B-Cotton - acknowledges some creature combat things have only really started development (re: archers getting root)

L. British - his word is law
    L. British - reveals his twisted plot of Artifice
    L. British - wants to get Store things all purchasable directly in game (agreed)

D.Star - hope you get better soon!!!

Fletcher - awesome job man!! new items are F**king amazing!!

Quenton likes this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I hate it when my questions get answered and I am sleeping because it's three o'clock in the night here.
    Thanks for bringing that up, even if my thanks seem unrelated ^^

Quenton likes this.
  12. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Completely agree - I wish there was a summary like this for every post-mortem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.