Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Where's the best place to mine?

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by JohnL, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

I'm looking for a good place to mine for crafting metals. Iron, Nickle, etc. Plus Rubies.

Owl's Nest is OK, but no Rubies. Spectral and Graff mines, I just get killed as soon as I enter.

Where would others recommend I try?

mbomber likes this.
  2. BobbyDigital

BobbyDigital Avatar

Ectecter Crag Mines is really good, only bandits inside nad slimes

Tears and GreyMouser2 like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What is your Mining level?

SmokerKGB and 4EverLost like this.
  4. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

For iron, nickel, copper, tin etc I haven't found a better place than Owls Nest. Etceter Crag is fine but in my experience only has copper and gold. And Owls Nest also has crystals - as a rare drop you can get a gem.
    At level 55 I'm just managing to stay alive (sort of) in Spectral mines, the quantity of nodes seems barely worth the trouble and again there's a bias towards copper. Not what you want if you're chasing iron and nickel.
    Graff mines have silver if you're after that; I'm sure there are more nodes in the room at the bottom. I just haven't quite been able to overcome all the earth elementals yet.
    Also it might be worth logging on in SPO mode if the nodes seem mined out - alternate between SPO and MPO.
    There are a few nodes in Solace Bridge but these are low level - I've never got anything but the base mineral from them.
    Good luck!

Numa and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Noric

Noric Avatar

You were just looking in the wrong place. Floor 3 of etceter has the highest iron density in the game.

FrostII and Asclepius like this.
  6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Thank you sir - this community is awesome!

FrostII and Noric like this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

At adventure 35, you can do Graff mine level 1 just fine, once the Kobol are dead, they don't respawn... Iron, copper and a couple of gold down the tracks, but I have a bug with the 2nd skeleton which crashes my client, so I can't go any deeper than that...

Bluefire likes this.
  8. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Walking backwards towards that 2nd skeleton doesn't trigger that bug ;)

SmokerKGB likes this.
  9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

HaHa ROTFL, I would never have tried that, thanks...

10. Stranger

Stranger Avatar

AND Etceter has gem nodes on the forth floor.....

11. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Once in the mine it's okay but actually getting to the mine is the hard part.
    Hardened elves and undead make it difficult to get to the mine entrance. I'm level 50 and still struggle.

At least to get to the entrance of Graf gem you only have to get past Kobolds. Ive taken Critical hits of over 130hp at level 50 from those hardened archers hanging about the entrance to Ectecter and that's in full epic plate....

Graf Gem you can usually clear out once you've hit around level 30, as you can respawn but the mobs don't so with a bit of luck and a lot if deaths you can clear the mine. Advise you wear a light magical cloak/helmet or sword so you can see to ghost back to the spawn ankh, they give off light even when you're a ghost.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    FrostII likes this.
  12. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Avatar

the epitaph in desolis is probably best place for copper and iron, 12 copper node spots within 100 feet of each other, to get to them are easy, 4 by slimes that can dump agro on steps, others behind blue door, at low level mining its endless mining, plus its a instance so no other players, the iron nodes are in a well, you have to crawl down the wall to get to them, 3 nodes iron nodes in well respawn every 5mins. same as the copper.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

4th floor is gold and crystals. Not worth the effort.

Also, upper 40s adventurer level, and those earth elementals don't hurt me nearly as much as I hurt them, especially when I throw in some searing rays.

14. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

A guildmate of mine showed me how to get to the Etceter mine without having to make it through all the high level mobs. When you enter the scene, climb the cliff face on the right. when you get to the top, you can walk all the way around the scene in safety and drop down near the actual mine entrance. I wasn't able to climb the cliff at the spot my guildmate went up and had to climb up at another easier spot around the first corner to the right where 2 mobs attacked me, but I made it up.

Katrina Bekers, Asclepius and FrostII like this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Or you could just die and ghost your way to the mine. There's even an ankh right outside the entrance.

16. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

Thanks to everyone for their most interesting and helpful suggestions and comments.

I've tried Etceter mine. Just Copper and Gold and a ghost on the third level that killed me in double quick time, even though I was running away! Graff and Spectral mines remain unworkable because of the strength of the mobs in their. So I have returned to Owl's Nest, where I seem to have reached an understanding with the inhabitants. I don't try and kill them and they leave me to my mining. :)

After a few hours of grinding, I've raised my mining skills from level 20 to level 25 and the other mining related skills by similar amounts. It's long slow work, but I'm gradually accumulating enough Iron Ore for my next project, a set of Meteoric Iron Plate Boots with hardened leather strap. I want to see if I can make armour better than the augmented plate that I've bought in Solania.

In the meantime, I'm making money by selling off the Zinc and Tungsten Ore that I mine as there seems to be no other use for it - unless someone can tell me otherwise?

4EverLost likes this.
  17. Noric

Noric Avatar

No other uses. I can suggest you lock some of your mining skills so that others gain faster to start. Also if you look at the second floor of Etceter (near the slimes) there should be a couple rooms with iron unless I am mistaken(the best mining is near the ghost you wish to avoid though).

18. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

It's more fun to "tomb raider" it there-- especially when I discovered it by accident the first time. Beware the hole in the world if you go up top.

19. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I finally reached the hidden cave in Etceter-3, and that one ghost is indeed a pain in the ass. They just have too many HP for me to nuke with ranged magic, so all I can do is avoid them. I had to keep running back to the ladder to reset him, then hope he was going away from me while breaking the wall. There's also another hidden cave with iron in Etceter-2, not quite as dense but still iron.

So far Graff is still best if you can defeat that satyr on the third level. There's even a hidden cave with some more crystals on the third level. And if you can clear the 4th level, there's more crystals down there to skill up on. And gold, too, but I try to avoid mining gold as it's a waste of time compared to crystals.

Numa likes this.
  20. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Remember, you can make an ingot of iron with iron scrap and one ore. This makes mining enough for your plate work 25% as tough as it is now. Just kill enough skeletons at Solace, or thugs in various scenes and salvage the loot for scrap.

JohnL and Katrina Bekers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.