Where's the pleasure anymore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dax Legend2, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Seeing as the game was originally intended to also be played solo, with the aid of an NPC companion if desired, it does raise the issue as to how that will be accommodated when high-end content becomes increasingly more group focused. Perhaps content will be scalable in some way such that offline play remains viable despite a greater focus on high-end group play online. Portalarium's original vision is no longer the sole, or perhaps even main, guiding force for this game. The actions and intent of today can't be considered a certain reflection of what they would have been if control had not shifted hands.

2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

It's one of the things that keeps me coming back to this game - you can truly build the character you want. And I applaud you for sticking to your build through thick and thin. It's what I do. I don't care that my Death Mage is not as strong as other builds, I will keep trying to improve and figure out ways to enjoy the game the way I want. Yes, of course, I want my build to be relevant and be able to handle all types of mobs.

Which brings me to my point: Each tree needs something to keep it special. I'm sure there is one skill you could think for Blades that would not make you OP, but would keep you happy in terms of feeling like you can handle content. For me, personally and self-servingly, that would be some Death skill that makes me relevant against Undead. For example, why is it that a Death Mage cannot at the very least manipulate the Undead (a sort of crowd-control skill)?

This is just an example of how adding some skills to a tree could make it feel relevant without relegating it to diehards like us.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Content for single player is scaled down. At least it was a couple years ago

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't know about scaled down or not, but the guide does say

Anpu likes this.
  5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

The solo game is complete. People who play solo arent continuously paying the coto store. They can buy everything with gold. Whatever comes out of furthering the multi side of things has nothing to do with solo players and they should not expect further developpement for it.

edit: They can even edit their file and add infinite gold and buy everything in the store if they wanted, we need to stop talking about solo play.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

+1

The whole this-beats-that thing should be scrapped entirely. Not because I hate it (I do) but becasue it makes no actual sense. If a water mage has weakness to fire, doesn't it follow that a fire mage would be stronger (so to speak) than water? Why are they both weak to each other? If it were rock-paper-scissors, you could make a case. But it's rock-paper, and we're always stupid rocks.

7. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

The solo offline game is no more complete than the online one. When the new area is added it will be so for both. If that area is supposed to focus more on group effort how that will be handled in the solo offline mode is something that will need to be addressed.

Whatever currency one pays for their extras depending on game mode is entirely irrelevant to maintaining the feasibility of each.

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother here is the skill and issue; If Blades had an armor ignore like Polearms and if Longswords could have 25 pct apply poison like one handed spears it would even it up without being OP. If we could get a "crafted" chain and plate armor set like the bandit set then we are on par. We are the ones taking a hit to give a hit. We don't run around or backwards to kill things. R/Boris/El Pirata

Magnus Zarwaddim and Charon like this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Everything in solo is scaled down in difficulty.

Numa likes this.
  10. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

The issue is whether or not that scaling will remain adequate when group play becomes a greater focus. It may, or may need adjustment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.