Which house types allow for a vendor to be out front?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by OverLord, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

I'm interested in having a vendor, and a home, but was wondering which types of houses allow for the placement of a vendor OUTSIDE, either on the steps or beside them? It's my understanding that ROW houses do not have sufficient space out front to allow for an outside vendor, is this true?

Also, a related cottage question. If I have a cottage can I place the vendor not only outside the house but way up by the entrance to the lot? The cottage is situated in the middle of a plot with a lot of land out front before the road. It would be more practical for buyers to have the vendor be by the road imo.

mbomber likes this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

It's not so much the house type as it is the lot type and what house is currently placed on it. Your plot of land must have space outside the home to place a vendor. For the row lot, it only has enough space to fit a Row House, so the vendor must go inside.

Koldar likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm not sure we even know much about how vendors will work. Have the devs talked about it?

The assumption is we're going to place a vendor like an object, but what if vendors are alive and have schedules, like NPCs do? If so, they might go inside at night or during rainy weather. And they might be able to stand outside your property fence.

I'm not really sure what they're thinking on this, or whether they've discussed it at all.

Lord Baldrith and mbomber like this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

Vendors with some sort of AI / schedules would be cool.

There have been official Q&A answers for vendors that did talk about their goals for them in Ep1: here and here.

mbomber likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, I see that at the second link,

But would be nice even if vendors can do errands for you, and set up sale for you at the market square. No reason for them to be confined to your lot if they have some sort of AI.

smack likes this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

It would be cool if vendors could 'patrol.' Enable them to walk around the player's lot property, iterating around a central point. Or better yet, enabling it to move some distance from a home, even into the nearby community, so that it becomes part of town life. This would enable a row house vendor to come out of their house and walk the streets near the house.

mbomber and Gaelis like this.
  7. selbie

selbie Avatar

It would be smart if the vendor themselves had their own residence so when they close up shop (assuming that is part of the gameplay) they will leave the store and go home instead of camping in your backyard :p

8. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

My slaves lives in the cellar :p (slaves because I don't have to pay them as a Knight Commander :p )

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Actually since most row houses feature few windows and balconies so if you get a central location you might as well place no house, but instead vendor+tent, and live in a 5 story basement - more than you'll get upside.

smack, Arianna and Gaelis like this.
  10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Unless....
    This happens...
    then...
    These guys can have their basement slave exchanges and their honest trade above in their empty row lot.

Zantul, Caska DiFumarate and smack like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

mbomber and Jatvardur like this.
  12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I want a vendor that is more science like. No NPC for me, good ole vending machine ;)

13. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.