Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Which merchant will buy my potions...

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

...for the amount listed in my inventory?

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

No vendor will as far as I know.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That only works for weapons and metals being sold to certain (but not all!) blacksmiths. I would expect it to work that way with alchemists someday, but no telling when they will ever implement that. At least the default is now 80%, it used to be 50%.

Barugon likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The economy is supposed to be based on the gold plus the value of the items that the average player gets in an hour of grinding. However, that value is not correct because we can't get that amount for at least half of the items we collect.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Lazarus Long & @Jack SinAssist
    Thanks for covering this. I really think that I should expand a bit though:

If I buy say a health potion at a potion merchant, I will pay at least 200 gc (the price can go up based on demand). In my inventory, the value of that potion is listed as 20 gc. Already 1/10 of the original value. If I try to sell it back to the merchant (or any merchant) then I'll actually only get 16 gc or 80% of what it's listed for in my inventory.

In order to craft a health potion, I would need to purchase 10 garlic (40 gc), 3 corpse wax (18 gc) and 3 empty flasks (6 gc) for a total of 64 gc. That will make 3 potions, so ~21.33 gc each. As you can see, it would be impossible for me to make money crafting potions and selling them back to a merchant.

Many moons back, the dev team adjusted the value of all items and made it so that most merchants would pay only 80% of what the item was listed for in your inventory. However, there are supposed to be merchants that will pay 100% of what is listed in your inventory; the idea being that you would have to seek them out (hence my OP). If there are no merchants in-game that will buy an item from me for the full value of what it's listed for in my inventory then I consider that a bug and I'll make a bug report for it.

6. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

In the online mode of play - the devs have intentionally made it so that you can't make money by crafting and selling to in-game merchants and this was to prevent exploits of crafting which in pre-persistence flooded the economy with an ungodly amount of gold. In offline mode, it will be possible at some point in time.
    As far as the break even merchants, I'm not aware of any of them.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there is a merchant that will buy potions for 20. no bug to report here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.