Which PvP Style are you or are you?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Proteus Tempest, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Which PvP style agrees with you the most?

1. I need no purpose other than to kill other players. Call me a Psychopath but I like it.

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. I am an arena combatant. I exist with others of my kind, we live or die by each other's hand.

7 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. I Flag PvP because like and edgy dangerous environment throughout all of Novia.

21 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. I need a goal, be it a storyline or objective to want to get involved in PvP.

23 vote(s)
    25.3%
  5. I'm not a PvP'er. Period.

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  6. I flag PvP to get a bonus when gathering resources.

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. I'll flag PvP when there is a justice system.

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
  8. I am a Bounty Hunter of sorts. I and my friends hunt down bad PvP'ers and bring them to justice.

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. A little of "All of the above" or most of the above.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarious

amarious Avatar

This game is soft even compared to Minecraft : ) ..people need to let that sink in a little bit.

One evening in Minecraft I had just mined up 20 diamonds(super hard to get), had diamond tools in my backpack, compass, clock, enchanted armor and weapons(to enchant items you use your experience points that could take hours to accumulate just to be able to enchant 1 item) and I fell into lava and died and all my things died too and all of my experience gone, all of it. I respawned, restocked and called it good for the night. Same thing for PvP in Minecraft, full lewt drop and all of your xp is gone. In SotA..if I die, personally I loose somewhere around 60-70k xp for the first death..I stop counting after that. All my items stay nicely in my backpack and to get that xp back all I need to do is grind xp for about 10-15 minutes. SotA PvP when I die, I don't lose xp and to reclaim my things back it costs me about 500 gold pieces. Never lost a single item and most gold I had to pay was 1k.

Back on subject..

"I need no purpose other than to kill other players. Call me a Psychopath but I like it."
    I'm not that good at killing people, and I am a bit of a coward..but if I see a good chance I'll try to take it. If I don't think it will end will for me than I tend to stay neutral, or try to..I'm not above running from a fight and I have become particularity good at jumping to the bottom of The Fall to prevent being pvped by another player. Perhaps opportunist would be a good option up there? Once I get a better handle on pvp I'll become less of a coward..possibly..

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  2. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

except we dont even lose exp when dying anymore in pvp :D horrible.. just horrible. Really would like to see a new mode in SotA or several.. only being able to chose easy sucks so bad I cant put it in words.

Proteus Tempest and amarious like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

As long as the "effort" that is neccessary for a competetive character to pvp is the actual amount of grind to get all skills that high, all equip that costy ( Material) and we have a one class system i'm not interested.
    I didnt vote!

Proteus Tempest and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Stundorn I repeatedly told you that I could GM you a skill in about 2 hours if we do it casually... The amount is not the problem. The lack of incentive to help other players to generate an ingame benefit is the problem like a lack of purpose to fight other than personal wealth gain... which is already pretty small now that almost everyone figured out how to avoid the ransom system :D

Cordelayne and Proteus Tempest like this.
  5. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Who spent time trying to circumvent the 80gps you have to pay on average? :D

3devious and Stundorn like this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

It's not playing the game for me to get mentored that way. The game lacks things to do other than spawncamping and i already lost identification with my char when i added fire as a watermage.
    I tried not to do that for many Month, self restricted, stagnating, then overcome it and it made it all worse. Additionally there are no players around me, german community is divided and dead. Some hate me, most people disagree with my opinion.
    You and some other just want to slaughter me :p:D
    I wouldnt be pissed to loose, the game just isnt for me at this state and i doubt the things that need to change to have fun again wont happen.

7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I just slaughter you because there is nothing else to do. :) Leveling in groups can be fun.

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Do you casually like helping other players, Vallo?

:D

Proteus Tempest and Stundorn like this.
  9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

:rolleyes: If @Chris rewards me for it.

Proteus Tempest, Stundorn and E n v y like this.
  10. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Well there went my chance to improve my German. I always thought that we wouldn't get to play together because your timezone is so far ahead, now I won't get to play with you because you aren't there. #thanksobama :rolleyes:

Stundorn likes this.
  11. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

PvP solo is frustrating. I know.

If you ever play (for example) RUST, You will know what I mean :)

Thus I don't PvP here. I don't see myself playing Sota for very long under conditions like that.

Someday I'll have to join a RUST guild. It just doesn't work otherwise.

12. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Added another choice for you and you can change your votes now.

Mac2 likes this.
  13. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I agree.

I have hope that the upcoming "Machine" that @Lord British talked about will bring more people into the PvP game. If it's done right.

I'm really ready to hear what the Dev's have planned for this.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Rada Torment likes this.
  14. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Some have talked about a "Justice System".

Negative virtue really does not work, it eventually becomes a trophy for those that want to be at a negative virtue.

The justice system could include jail time for thieves and murderers caught since we have jails but the sentence could not be so long that a player would quit over it and how would the game mechanics be able to tell a murderer in a game full of killings?

The possibilities for exploiting the system would always be there also, like someone casting an AOE on the ground and another player running into it would be drawing the foul to a person who was just battling an NPC.

The basic thought for me right now is to have a system that does not really promote PvP but involves us in the story line of Novia and PvP just happens to be a part of it. In this case hopefully more people would be involved.

I had been wondering lately if the Dev's could help train us in combat by programming the NPCs to act more human in their battling tactics. Starting us off at beginner levels and as we change tiered locations to quest the NPCs get better at fighting like people. In the end or somewhere along the way players would just be better at combat in all its varieties.

15. mass

mass Avatar

I went here:
    I would love to participate in goal oriented/faction PVP that results in world changes.

16. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Loss of virtue would actually be an incentive for people aiming to be "dreadlords".

17. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

The thread was moved to PvP.

That will alter the results of the poll. :(

18. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

btw, bounty hunter = a goal and immersive objective for pvp, so its kind of a subset of one of the previous answers

polls are always most effective with fewest options

19. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

True. Too bad I can't take away options at this point. :(

20. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

NP, just please dont infer from this poll that "players dont like bounty hunting" (at the time of this post, theres only one vote there)

I would love a bounty system, but would like it to be part of a greater reputation system, and that, in turn, be part of a goal, be it a storyline or objective to want to get involved in PvP.

Im more into the immersion itself rather than how the immersion is implemented. But bounties are totally cool!

3devious and Proteus Tempest like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.