Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Who hates the combat system?

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Asclepius, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I was a big critic before r8. What you guys are saying are problems just aren't the case. You need more practice.

They aren't going to change it because it is fun. They said they will remove the 1 second cool down which I think screwed up the deck system for R9. They will also remove some slugs. They will smooth out the system but it isn't going to be removed. It works. Try it again in r10 with the tweeks in place. If you still don't like it use the locked deck.

You need to invest in focus skills either way.

EDIT: Nobody should ever have a full bar full of slugs. It is impossible. You didn't set up your skills right. You should not be able to fill up your whole toolbar with slugs even if every slug you have was dealt to you at once (which is unlikely)

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Time Lord and Margard like this.
  2. Bambi Alyenare

Bambi Alyenare Avatar

Well then it sounds like you should do a bit more *testing* yourself as it does indeed happen. ;)

Wear plate armor. Fill the deck so the deck says "0 Slugs". Lock a healing potion in slot #1, lock a focus potion in slot #8. With R9 it was definitely possible to get six slugs up at the same time.

3. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

I had 7 slugs at 1 time using full plate and spec full in heavy armor that reduces slugs out of 7 card slots. It did happen but only a couple times the norm was 3 or 4 I did have 0 a few times as well. I spent 2 full 18 hour days testing pvp builds.

Margard likes this.
  4. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

I like the system. Guys I beat could later beat me because of cards or slugs being random. Good fun.

Soleidad and Margard like this.
  5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

You should have a maximum of six slugs. If you had more that was because you missed something. 19 glyphs in a deck +6 armor slugs or something.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I thought you had only one locked glyph. Yet the two locked glyps aren't slugs. I am not a huge fan of slugs, but you should not have a FULL HAND of slugs. Not possible unless you didn't set it up right.

7. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Haven't gone threw the other posts but ,,,,,,,, I dont hate the combat system at all , does it need work ? Yes but no more work than a pre alpha game that lets everyone that pays a few dollars to taste test it in its infancy would expect for a pre alpha that most can't comprehend development wise .. Im no pro but I have learned a few things and ... it s pre alpha people ,,,,,,, OP its a good question to ask . :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.