Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Who hates the combat system?

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Asclepius, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espada

Espada Avatar

You can always lock them in your glyph slots (hotbars)....

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Why do they need to be part of a glyph system? You drink them. Much like you use a skinning knife or pick axe you should be able to simply use a potion

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I agree, drinking a potion should be possible whenever you want to and an animation that uses some time could work.

And I still think that one or two standard attacks as well as dodges/blocks should be taken out of the deck-system too and be made active without auto-attacks.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Time Lord like this.
  4. Espada

Espada Avatar

To control usage and spam? Just like why there is a cast time on them that can be interrupted? It is to control their use.. Yes, you could do a global cd on them and separate them from the glyphs but by having them as part of the glyph system, this way it gives you the freedom to prioritize potions (higher probability) if you want to use them them as much as you want over other builds (based on probability, of course) while still having a chance for interruption. Not saying I am a fan of it but that is the logic ( or so, I believe) of why they are part of it.

Should it be changed? Sure... But what do you propose to control spamming them in battle? A global CD? Please go ahead and suggest..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Soleidad, Jynx and Time Lord like this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    well to be honest, I believe it is just fine on the skill bar. You should be able to be interrupted drinking during a battle. you cant just say "hold on while i drink this", it takes a moment to pull it out, pop the cork and drink it, its not instantaneous.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

I understand the logic but it is not a logical management of a consumable. Really is a turn of to alchemy and the use of potions. What happens with other potions? More room to be taken up on your glyph set? Just not a fan of it and for good reason i think. Save your glyphs for spells and abilities

docdoom77 and Time Lord like this.
  7. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

It should be, you can cast spells without reagents maybe a long cool down between spells for the idle Mages.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Espada

Espada Avatar

You can always lock both focus and health in 2 of the hot bars and still run with 7 hotbars for skills.. These two potions have a cd of like 10 seconds or so... I don't mind the approach.. It sure is different and gives flexibility to those who want to prioritize them while allowing their permanent use on locked glyphs if you so desired... Very open system I believe but it doesn't mean that it is perfect and it does have lots of room for improvements.. I invite everyone to please contribute with ideas that can help improve such system.

Soleidad and Time Lord like this.
  9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Then such an animation that takes up some time should be included. You would then have to think when to drink a potion which would also add a tactical component to the game but you would still have control over when to drink it.

docdoom77 and Time Lord like this.
  10. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

I don't think it's fine and like i said...as a consumable attempting to drink it should be animated with a chance of it being interrupted and wasted in battle. It shouldn't be a skill glyph and you shouldn't have to wait to use them when they "pop up"

Lord_Darkmoon likes this.
  11. Espada

Espada Avatar

Good point but how do you control their use? Global CD? I am curious on your suggestion..

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Espada

Espada Avatar

Ok, so you believe interruption should be enough for control?

Time Lord likes this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Then you have to open and look through your bags?

Because, either I think it should be that or the glyph. I don't think there should be a hotkey to drink a potion that doesn't affect your skills allocation.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. redfish

redfish Avatar

I imagine we'll also have things like Conflagration potions or Flaming Oil that we can throw during battle, which make sense on the skill bar just like archery skills do.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I wouldn't call those consumables but rather a weapon like a throwing knife.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Interruption should be fine. And sure. I think since all you have is a glyph bar leave them on your non combat bar or have a bar that represents items you can carry on a belt. And yes potions can be carried on a belt. Dealing with an spamming exploit shouldnt mean forcing an action into the glyph system

Time Lord likes this.
  17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Sure, but why should you take out one potion through the deck, but another through a different method ? The fact that one is a consumable shouldn't change the issue. Like I was saying, the deck system is about reflexes, not memory, and you have to be able sacrifice your readiness to do a skill if you want to be ready to take out a potion.

If they didn't do it that way, I'd ask that you have to manually open all your bags to drink, which would distract from battle.

But please no potion hotkey that doesn't detract from your skill readiness.

Time Lord and wagram like this.
  18. redfish

redfish Avatar

Cool.. will a fighter be able to break the potions you're wearing on your belt by hitting them with his weapon?

The belt system is just dumb and unrealistic, and makes potion drinking too easy. Is that what its about? Making potion drinking easier?

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

maybe a bottle in your pack with a very long straw is the answer.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Time Lord like this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

[​IMG]

docdoom77, Time Lord and Margard like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.