Who still plays UO? Me!

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by paxprobellum, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Avatar

Although I have played many MMOs since UO, it's still the best. Darkfall had my attention when it was out, but now that it is closed down, I've gone back to UO. Currently playing on UO Forever (uoforever.com), though. Current OSI ruleset blows -- even LB agrees!

Anyone else still playing?

2. lord_Oo_I_oO

lord_Oo_I_oO Avatar

Shame UO died after EA became down with the noobs

3. Teden2158

Teden2158 Avatar

My UO story finish this years, EA win. I was trying hard, but "Imbuing" skill ... this is something you need to be really "smart" to invent.

4. Radagar

Radagar Avatar

I play on UOSA sometimes. It's a pretty decent SecondAge server.

5. GearworkDragon

GearworkDragon Avatar

Still playing Ultima Online here, albeit on custom shards not administered by Electronic Arts/Mythic/BioWare. Non-EA shards seem to suffer from the same from the same ills as official shards:

a.) focus on Diablo-style loot collection rather than adventures,

b.) focus on monster-genocide rather than interesting interactions with the environment,

and c.) the worlds are empty and populated primarily by 1337 k33l d00ds wishing to live out their memories of being bullies and bandits outside of city limits with nothing to challenge them or obsessive collectors of neon-colored junk and useless items stolen from dungeons.

Kyle, Fox Cunning and BillRoy like this.
  6. WARDUKE

WARDUKE Avatar

I just started playing on the UOforever shard. I have no idea what the hell I am doing, though.

If anyone wants to meet up, and show me why UO was so amazing, hit me up. I'm Warduke on there as well.

7. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I had UO for a short while, but never progressed too far (no credit card at the time, etc). I'll install it now, if you wanna explore together.

8. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I am still playing on Siege Perilous and will probably always keep at least one account open as long as the game is running. I don't know if my nostalgia will ever allow me to break away completely.

9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Don't need to call it OSI folks, EA disbanded OSI, they absorbed it, it doesn't exist, it is 100% EA 0% OSI, they don't even use the name anymore, except for ORIGIN, their download server/software.

I've played UO since day 1, quit 100 times.

BillRoy likes this.
  10. Hemlawk

Hemlawk Avatar

WarDuke:

UO was great because we were in right place and time. Servers were packed, so much going on. It was like Woodstock, that atmosphere can not be artificially recreated. The game had such a big learning curve that it took people months or years to finally become powerful (characters and money).

The number one thing that I loved about UO was the freedom. I would log in and ask myself, what do I feel like doing today? Farm gold/resources? Develope my characters? PvP? Steal from players? etc.

But I wouldnt mind playing on a free server. It just wont be the same.

Fruck likes this.
  11. Piper

Piper Avatar

Still on EA's UO very regularly, though I'll readily admit I'm not pleased with how EA's done things. Even so, I can't seem to walk away.

12. AlchemistikO

AlchemistikO Avatar

i still play on UO hybrid if theres another large server someone let me know

13. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I played up until about 2004 in some capacity I'd say. I didn't have an overly large amount of time to put in to upkeep things and when the Ninja junk came out I just gave up.

I did have a ton of fun with UO at first though, really was the best MMO I have ever played.

BillRoy likes this.
  14. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Avatar

UO Forever is the newest "big" freeshard -- about 500 clients at peak. It's roughly T2A, with some extras (no Trammel).

15. Zelgalad

Zelgalad Avatar

Right now i have my account activated but i barely play. I resubbed this summer with my girlfriend but both grow tired.

Lame builds like the Sampire, a melee fighter with necromancy, chivalry and bushido, c'mon...

Ridiculous inflation, millions and millions for anything in the game

People more interested in loading up their castles with more and more items.

The most funny thing is that when i resubbed i planned to place a house and make it some sort of tavern-bowcraft workshop to sell some cheap stuff but after reeding the global chat for 5 minutes, i decided to let it go.

I miss the good old days before that AoS thing...

16. WARDUKE

WARDUKE Avatar

Thanks for the info Hemlawk.

Yeah, I completely understand that it was right-place, right-time. I think that is one of the things that made me enjoy Dark Age of Camelot and Star Wars Galaxies.

Still, I would like to give it a shot. Problem is, I log in to Ultima Online Forever, see a lot of people near the bank in the city, but have no real idea what to do.

BillRoy and Lebowski like this.
  17. Hemlawk

Hemlawk Avatar

I'm going to install it tonight and play with you... :)

18. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I'm at the Wayfarer's Inn in Britain on UOF. Come find me and we can adventure together.

19. AlchemistikO

AlchemistikO Avatar

im going to hop on UO forever and play i mena i have to do something till sota come out lol

20. slamelov

slamelov Avatar

I play at uo.secondage.com

adampk17 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.