"Who will be waging our first PvP War?"

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Time Lord, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

o_O

Who will be there and how many can we muster for such a test?
    When will that be? And where will we meet? :mad::confused::mad::eek:

"Who here would volunteer for such a thing as the first large scale SotA combat?"

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'll decline the invitation. Thank you, though.
    Have fun!

3. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

Not sure if I'll be able to partake, but please allow me to throw the first PvP taunt : "Have at you, you syphilitic damsel ! En garde !"

Khloec and Time Lord like this.
  4. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Considering the fact that we still have a few months before PvP even surfaces :mad: I recommend posting closer to that time.
    However, count on me be there! ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I don't know the "why" behind PvP yet.
    Do our ideologies collide?
    Do we both want the same castle?

Senusret and Time Lord like this.
  6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

We haven't been at war here on the forums?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Well... I really wanted to get a better idea of how many of us there were that would actually try and instance with that many people to see what a battle would be like.
    RG/LB had said in a vid... that the PvP combatants may have to spread their forces depending on how many were fighting.

With this in mind, I thought that it would do us well to begin contemplating "where a good place for that may be on our evolving map".... To start looking for a place with that in mind... or if anyone happens to see one in their ingame wonderings in the pondering.

My thoughts are, is that our first engagement should be a bit simple so as not to have people running off in every direction... This would give those leaders of us a chance to see from a very simple battle scene, how to find out what SotA Land Warfare Tactics could be found...
    It's all in the confines of any game that unique tactics, or coordination.. "within the confines of the game", can begin to be realized.

This would also give our development team a sizable force of players to further experiment with ... and who knows... "maybe we could see something more to enjoy in our game in the ways of PvP... "it's not like Portalarium can muster 200 people using just the members staff'" Yet by doing some battle like this early, they can better see how to fit a better PvP flavor into it and much earlier than thought possible now.

The most simple of any for the beginnings of such a PvP exploration is a defender vs attacker situation. After that an objective of very short "meeting engagement" followed by a "King of the hill".............

As simple as that sounds we must bare in mind that this is a "new environment" which may (and will) present many difficult problems to overcome.
    And please don't think that such a thing is as simple as it may sound........ ie) Example; It took the US Army beginning in 1979-1980 to find out that a simple desert engagement wasn't so simple as it seemed on any map. Then it took from 1980-81 to come up with way to test any tactics because at first "everyone got lost"... Then it took from 1981-1983 in testing the new and old tactics to be able to defeat an opposing Army, because until 1983, they just couldn't do it, though they had superiority in every way you can imagine. And... if you think the USA was alone in this seemingly simple desert warfare problem... then all you have to do is look back at how the Russians had such a hard time in Afghanistan just as the USA had their problems in Vietnam and so did the French and the English and the Chinese......
    "It's all a matter of finding out what works within the confines of the parameters of the battle's unique environment".

It will be an increasingly more difficult thing to overcome once our game begins, as so many other things will overgrow what spaces within possibilities of PvP that could be better accommodated and planned for if we begin now while in Alpha.
    This would also give a better idea of how PK or bandit wagon raids or hunt downs or any more complicated engagements may be made better for our future.

So we can assert ourselves now, or be left with only good duels and small skirmishes later with less to be had for any bounty of what we may have gained.

Just some jotted notes for your considerations to begin any good, leading to better ideas of fun Objective/Rewarding PvP...
    If we think or plan on the fly when PvP comes available, then we've missed some chances to have had better place and plan.... but especially in the knowing or gathering of "The Who" that will do this...
    Any Thoughts? o_O
    ~Time Lord~:confused:

8. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I have no problems with PvP nor do I have any problems getting killed in a game by other players... I'll join the PvP test if and only if my internet connection allows it... right now, I can only play in Single Player Online mode because Multiplayer Online is very laggy for me... the 100 vs 100 war in Dragona was awesome...

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Same with me here kabalyero,

I play from Thailand so my connection can be hot/cold/on/off :( and also I don't have my new computer yet to enjoy R5 this time. My old cheap econo-comp crapped out on me in R4... so I'm out shopping for my new one now :D

But you bring up a very good point for many of us here that want to enjoy our game to it's fullest. "Will it be my connection, or my computer?" that I need to begin working on for the best, or at least an OK game experience o_O

Any battle like this, could let us all know much more about these issues...
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

10. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

First PvP battle? I'll be there

Krohon, Father Aquila and Time Lord like this.
  11. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

For me it depends. If looting and trophies are already implemented in any way I will avoid it. If not, there's a good chance I will at least take a look if my schedule allows.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

My lord! Time Lord, enough with the novel posts... my limited brain can only take so much!!! ... J/K. Nice post!

I would love to test out the PvP system(once its out). So count me in!

Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  13. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I will declare war on everything. See you there.

sent from the future using my Coleco Adam

Burnden Park and Time Lord like this.
  14. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Well I'd go watch and bring popcorn and a little rah-rah flag if I thought I wouldn't get killed. lol. I wouldn't want to spend half the day laying around dead & miss it all. It really spoils the taste of the popcorn. **ducks** :)

Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

16. Father Aquila

Father Aquila Avatar

I did run to Tram to spend my nights, but the days are different. I will be there - so long as I can go home to a nice, safe and warm bed...

Plus my Militia boss is on the list.

MulGirtab and Time Lord like this.
  17. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

We shall see! Prove your keep and show your worth and you may just have a bed in our Keep!

Time Lord and Burnden Park like this.
  18. Father Aquila

Father Aquila Avatar

I killed a chicken tamer at Jhelom farm by provoking cows on to him. All those chicken tamers out there, I got your number...

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Oh Yes, Burnden Park,

Those Chicken Tamers :mad: are the very reason there are so many Colonel Sander's KFC's all over the world now!
    I'm sure the Colonel is a finger licking good Chicken Tamer Killer for sure :D!
    "Just ask PETA" ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

20. Father Aquila

Father Aquila Avatar

:D

There will be no chickens in chains on my watch! Free the chickens I say. Free range chickens for all New Britannia.

The chicken war is looming. we must take a stand.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.