Whoa!?!? New ambient music for scenes?

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Rinaldi, Nov 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I was in jotungrund today on QA, and I heard several music tracks that seem to be new.
    I don't listen to the music too often when playing, so I may have just missed these songs (although, I usually listen to the music while on QA to test audio).
    Nonetheless, I have been playing for a long time and don't recall hearing this music.
    And, I have to say...the music is awesome...sounds very epic and adventure inspiring.

So, is this new music or did I just deprive myself by not listening to the ambient music often enough?
    Or perhaps it only triggers when in certain areas of the zone?

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

New music -- List has been loading them into scenes. Many of these will be available as wax cylinders via loot, merchant purchase, or store in R96. :)

Wilfred, Barugon, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Nice! Gonna be listening to the ambient music more often...the ambient sound effects are great too.
    The ambient sounds really make the game play feel immersive, and the music does give the game play an epic feel.

I am sure it is a still a work in progress, but the music sometimes abruptly terminates....seemingly in the middle of the song. Is this a known issue for now, or should I report as a bug?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It would be cool if some of the ambient environmental sounds could be split into a different "channel" with their own volume slider. I've only recently noticed some of these, and I turned sound effects up a bit so I could hear them more clearly. Buzzing flies, chirping crickets, blowing wind... all very cool.

That, is until I needed to do some smelting...

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That's great to hear. Also the holiday music is good. I'll start playing it in Wizards Rest after Thanksgiving.

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.