Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why archers need a toggle for auto attack

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

@Chris @DarkStarr

I understand they have made some changes to how the auto attack feature works.

BUT....

I would request that the Devs go out and try to play an archer character - play it as a lower level character and play it for about an hour.

What you will find: There are times when an archer needs to have auto attack on (especially a low level archer). And there are times when an archer does not need or want to have auto attack on.

Forget the accidentally killing bunnies and such - that has been fixed. The problem is that if auto attack is on, it will fire at a target that is within range. Oh! And there's another target - it will shoot at that one. Oh! And another target.... You soon have half the mobs after you.

Which is why archers want to have a way to toggle auto attack on and off.

Now, the current changes are great for melee folks! (Yes, I actually do have a melee character as well.) And I do not think that part of it should be changed. But please consider also giving us a toggle option.

(I also discovered that it will auto-attack when you are in stealth mode, but that's a bug and is posted in the bug forums.)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Fear not! It was mentioned briefly in several threads and discord that the toggle button is coming back.

Weins201, Chatele and Raven Swiftbow like this.
  3. Myrradah

Myrradah Avatar

Well great for it to be coming back, but I also dont want my target to have to be selected in order to auto attack. I managed just fine by toggling and not having to target someone to auto attack. I prefer the option

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I am an archer as well and I didn't use auto attack a single time.
    Burns the bow too fast and the dmg is too low for that.

5. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

That's why I want the Devs to test it with a low level character. I found that as a new archer, sometimes I wanted it - sometimes I didn't. Now I almost never turn it on. As a higher level archer, it's not needed as much for exactly the reasons you mention. But we don't want to chase off players when they are lower level because they "can't" play the archer character they want to play.

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.