Why are people unloading their houses for next to nothing now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angband, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkillerz

Xkillerz Avatar

For people worried or just not enough new content take a release or 2 break and come back you will feel fresh again. Just like me. Of course, I can't predict this game future completely. But I still feel it has unique features compared to a lot of other MMOs out there. Game economy wise is a lot fixable but at the same time its also supply and demand. Some people left over the summer and sold their stuff yes but I also see new players playing just fine. I choose to stay until the end as there is simple not many games where I like to waste my time on already played eve for 7 years on and off and Runescape to grindy after maxing. Wow, Guild Wars 2 etc to old now Shroud is new for me at least.

Overall I hope we can play full episode 2 and more. Good MMOs take years to make and last years not many are coming out. So be happy that there is a good MMO to play like Shroud of the avatar. The community also breaks and makes it remember that. You can organize an event at any time you want the devs appreciate that.

Yes I use the SOTA cilent and not Steam to play currently.

Alleine Dragonfyre and gtesser like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Coincidentally, i noticed there were visually double the ammount of people in game last night than has been on average in the past couple of months.

Was there some kinda event or something going on?

Alleine Dragonfyre and Arradin like this.
  3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Are we Reading the same chart??

Aug and september both have slight improvement compared to 2017.

Because thats the way the properly meassure business, compared to previous year.

4. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I'm not sure what graph you're looking at. The last big rise on Steam was back in April, and it's been plummeting downhill ever since?

As for client versus Steam, let's say 10x as many people use the client. Which is an absolutely outrageous difference; it would be nowhere near that. But let's just pretend for a moment.

If there was an average 133 players in the past month on Steam, and 10x as many through the client, that's still only 1300-odd people. These aren't MMO numbers. No way, no how.

5. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

He is looking at the same chart, you are just Reading it wrong.

The proper way to read it is compared to previous year, and we have a slight increase. Not rocket science.

So all of those claiming that people are leaving in masses the last couple of months are wrong. Period.

6. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

In business we also look at the actual numbers. If you're a game that wants to have tens of thousands of users - and you don't have that - it doesn't matter what the YoY is.

So... *shrug*. I'm just calling it like I see it. And I also remember Starr's comment that the game needed 50,000 active users to be profitable. Have you forgotten that?

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So if we read it your way which is "one" way to read ....you are basically saying that in the last 12 months (August to August) the average playerbase on Steam has increased by 3-4 players.......that is what 12 months (including the official launch) has achieved. Please, people know how to read charts and those charts no matter which way you look at them are not great.

The positive part is that the game is still improving and the fall since launch has now stabilized to the core playerbase......hopefully it will increase

8. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

People aren't leaving en masse because there's not a mass to be leaving from. But the numbers are clearly going down. It's plain as day to anyone with a pair of eyes.

9. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I was adressering ”people leaving” argument, not ” not enough players ”.

10. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I mean. I just clearly explained to you that they are not, dont know how difficult it is to understand.

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Problem is you have completely ignored a MAJOR event in the year. Yes, people have left.

MrBlight and Hornpipe like this.
  12. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

As long as the hundred or so core players keep buying things during the telethons and such the game should continue. With the cutback in staff and the smaller office space and few more things, Port may be in a place where they can sustain as long as the current player base keeps the money rolling in month after month.

13. dayero

dayero Avatar

oh hi,

I'd like to buy a few houses for "next to nothing". please point me to them, thanks. preferably not the citizen and edelmann shacks. Thanks!

14. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I think the answer to the OP's question is "when the devs stop updating this game monthly."

Witcheypoo and 3devious like this.
  15. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

Customer retention refers to the activities and actions companies and organizations take to reduce the number ofcustomer defections. The goal of customer retentionprograms is to help companies retain as many customers as possible, often through customer loyalty and brand loyalty initiatives.

Didnt sota sell near 250,000 accounts? It is safe to say they have retained less than 1% of its customers. Are you people really still trying to figure out if it is really 1.3% or 0.6%? Or if it is trending towards 1.4%? Even though I have stopped playing this game, I am still rooting for its success because of the heavy community investment. But please dont make arguments that the game is not empty, or that the game is healthy or near sustainable.

Katu likes this.
  16. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Thank you to all those provided feedback!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.