Why Do The Guards Hate Me?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Khalest, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Ive noticed an automatic distrust of me, well my character that is by the guards pretty much everywhere i go & right from the start. Not all of them, usually their the gate guards or something but lately its gotten to the point of actually pissing me off. Why? Well they come into a building im in & whether im just standing around doing nothing or im in the middle of a conversation, they actually walk up & get right in my face & growl at me. Sometimes for a full minute or 2 & sometimes they'll even talk **** to me. They will also start to randomly follow me for a long distance & will follow me into building & back out again. I dont like it at all to be honest & ive tried to even kill/fight them but we cant do that in the game. So whats the deal? Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this also? & Yes i have been caught by guards for stealing before, but that actually doesnt usually involve the guards who harass me. Its usually always in a town that ive never had trouble im.....

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Have you spoken to the Oracle yet, and seen how her observations of Love, Truth and Courage are about you? Just curious.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

It is a sign of the times. New Britannia is becoming less truthful, loving and courageous by the day. Hold on to your belief in Truth, Love and Courage, for this too shall pass.

(Provided you and others like you do something about it.)

Khalest and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Don't feel bad,guards hate everyone and are inherently distrustful of immigrants from another dimension. Don't blame them,it's just how they were made.

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I wish they hated me so at least they would stay away. Every time they see me they get right up on me. Hello, excuse me, ever heard of personal space? Sheesh! ;)

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

and do the courage salute right in your face, introducing you to their armpit.

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Exactly! It's rude and quite uncouth! I mean, I don't know about the rest of you Avatars but I haven't found any deodorant in New Britannia yet and Oracle knows those guards aren't bathing every day like we are! ;)

8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I got a tip, search for some mushrooms. They will blast you away with some stinky poison cloud. Maybe that will help you with the smell and scare away the guards!

Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

I support the job that Novian guards do in preventing Outlanders from trespassing into people's homes, stealing things, recklessly running into people, obstructing public walkways, starting fights in the middle of town, throwing around fire and causing rain.

Outlanders are a bunch of hooligans, if you ask me.

10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Outlanders, yes! Avatars...well Avatars are an entirely different story my friend! ;)

11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Yes the guards are more angry, they really do get proper in your face however last they dont then constantly moan at you for walking into them

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Brittany bleeping Bowling, at Desolis. Usually she growls at me when I've been standing at the entrance too long, but the last time she growled at me even though I started moving right away.

(Yes, I think this is funny.)

Witcheypoo, Jaesun and liz_the_wiz like this.
  13. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Sorry i kept meaning to get bk to this post but i was so wrapped up in my new found freedom in the game xD & yes i have i go to her everyday & click the hell outta her dialogue & take the test & tell her if i been a bad player or a good player & "Pick-up The Money & Run".......[​IMG]

Witcheypoo and Jaesun like this.
  14. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Exactly or let us be able to fight them & settle it...[​IMG]

Witcheypoo and Cordelayne like this.
  15. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Ya, honestly (i can hear one "scowling/growling as i post this) it really is aggrivating, especially because for some reason (which i wish they'd change) everytime we get close to anything living, even a chicken, our avatar slows their pace to a crawl till were passed them & with the guards doing what they do to us it also slows us way down.....[​IMG]

Witcheypoo, Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

ROTFLMFAO

17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

@Khalest - Good opening post! I agree. Here's how I rationalized it.

Remember that this Episode's title is "Forsaken Virtues." You are discovering Novia at a time of 'social confusion.' With their icon of truth lost in contemplation, their icon of love locked in sacrifice, and their icon of courage too weary for a last battle, Novians have become directionless and are on the verge of losing their way. Some are looking for an Avatar to show them the way. The guards role play this by being gruff sons of guns.

This might explain why Lord British is not viewed by NPCs as king atop the Brittany throne. That would detract from the starting lore as too easy of a solution for the kingdom's woes before the Avatars even got started. As Avatars discover our place and begin for 'take sides' in a coming conflict (Episode 2), I'll bet LB steps forth to claim the crown and give Novia new direction, only to be challenged by the rise of the chaotic Darkstarr.

If not, we'd be missing out on the epic and dramatic potential of SOTA. Wait and see! Meanwhile, buy that grumpy guard a beer. He really needs it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Witcheypoo and Jaesun like this.
  18. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

WoW! Remember my post Love & Flatulance? Of course you do, lol, well Whitten just now pretty much pushed me out the door cause it was getting dark & as i turned around to yell at him (i yell at game chars, it makes me feel better :p) i see the most cute/hillarious thing....He shuts the door jumps up & down 2 or 3 times & he & the Adventure Trainer (his girlyfriend) kinna lock hands & then jump up & down together & then jog bouncily upstairs to i assume make whoopie (Bob Eubanks: The Newlywed Game reference -
    )....[​IMG]
    Thats one of the things i love about this game...the little details that they put in knowing that they may never be seen by anyone...yet they did it anyway just in case...FOR US...the gamers...[​IMG]

P.S. Sorry i didnt want the actual video linked just the http address but i cant get it to do just that sooooooo, here it is :p

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.