Why do we still have two different Deed Types

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cryodacry, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Ok so we are well into release.

Why do we still have two different types of deeds ? Pot and Place Anywhere. This is something that i feel should be simplified. We have towns that are just barren. I really don't feel there will be much of a change in regards to if players will live in POT's or not. Generally POT's are community driven. Several people have houses in different POT's that they are interested in being members of that community. Another good example would be of Brecken Bay. I would love to move to this empty town though since my TF deeds are only POT deeds i will probably never move any of my houses to Brecken Bay.

@DarkStarr @Lord British

I understand why there was a division in the beginning. Now i do not understand why there is a difference.

2. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

There is a big difference between towns and POTs,
    NPCs who will pay more for items, more variety on selling (i.e. seed merchants), Trainers etc... None of these are available to POTs so the place anywhere are generally considered worth more.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

I hope you're considering that part of the reason for the original division is that tax-free place anywhere deeds were a Kickstarter pledge item.

4. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

neither of your statements have gone into why we have two different deeds anymore. The original reason was that there were only so many pledge deeds and only so many spots in towns to place them. So many spots are just empty and barren. Some towns are just ghost towns. There is one town that literally has 1 house in it. I am thinking it is time to simplify the deeds so that they can be placed anywhere. If the game was absolutely full of players i could see some justification for PA vs POT.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Cryodacry

The original reason is that the people who had them with pledges were promised they would be unique rewards to those pledges.

MFWalter, Nelzie, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

I guess there's still hope.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are also taxed and tax-free deeds, water lot deeds and founder deeds.

MFWalter, Obsidian Tempest and Nelzie like this.
  8. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

POT deeds, you are on land owned by another player, the POT owner sets rules and has control over allowing you to use or continue using their land.

Place anywhere deeds in an NPC town, you own the land, controlled by in game rules.

9. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

PA major cities are pretty full - almost no lots available ever in major NPC towns like Owl's Head or Ardoris. Grab a few PA deed and then claim some lots, get some friends, grab the good spots in a PRT, start a marketplace, or a guild community, or what have you. That will bring life to those spots. No need to revamp the system.

10. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Promised they would be rent free maybe on the KS. Not place anywhere. No POTs then so no need to differentiate. And we've seen a number of rewards get scrapped or changed or sold as a separate item, because something to the effect of "nothing was promised as unique to KS and we wouldn't sell later". I wouldn't care if my pledge was devalued and all deeds could be placed everywhere. Hell I wouldn't care if it was devalued even more and all deeds were rent free. If nothing else, despite how the original land rush was handled, being a backer meant I got 2 years of a head start to pick where I wanted to plop down before someone today and a year+ head start before official for real release. Plus as a backer my deed lasts longer before the house collapses.

Or maybe they can stutter step it. Only current Episode lands follow current rules while former Episode lands go to place anywhere. Meaning, once Episode 2 releases they go by current rules while Episode 1 lands are all place anywhere.

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

If the PoT Deeds become PA Deeds the NPC city Deeds should all become one size larger.

I just traded PoT Town for PA Village.
    If the PA isnt worth anything more, i want my Town back.

12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Here's the big problem with your suggestion...

People paid more for PA deeds then people paid for POT deeds with the expectation of the location limitation difference being a factor forever.

If you make them all PA deeds, then you have to compensate those who paid for the higher valued deeds somehow. How do you do that?

Elwyn likes this.
  13. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

People argue that the cash shop is a must as it funds development. $10 for extra character slots, the barns, horses, bank slots, it's all good because it all funds improvement of the game. Devs can't work for free! So the extra paid from the deeds went directly to making the game better as well. Thanks for your contribution! And people say this isn't pay to win or heavily infected with RMT, so the perceived value of property years later shouldn't matter if that was true. Also, things tend to get cheaper over time. You don't normally get a refund for the difference (after so many days in selected cases and stores).

14. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

There really hasn't been a reason why not to consolidate the deeds into tax free and taxed. I've seen reasons on why to live in NPC towns .... like better sell prices. Though we have some truely barren towns in our game. I think it's time to simplify the deed system into just Taxed and Tax free. This includes simplifying water deeds vs land deeds. A deed should be a deed no matter where you are wanting to put it.

Nomalice likes this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I agree time to go to one deed type, same with cotos...

We dont need 8 diffrent coto types, gold is enough.

16. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Yea Coto's need this same attention. Darkstarr already said they plan to consolidate them. Deeds though... Deeds need to be consolodated. It is time !

Paladin Michael likes this.
  17. oplek

oplek Avatar

As long as the PA deed owners get some kind of reimbursement, that's fine by me.

18. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I would consider time ingame. If you have a taxed/tax free deed that is POT only and you have played for certain time frame..say since the game went persistant then you have the option to have your lot deed changed to PA from POT. To me...and this is my opinion.. most folks want those PA deeds so they dont have to deal with POT govenors. They dont like taking the chance of said govenor uprooting the town and moving it or just wiping the whole town and starting over. Hence being evicted. That is a huge fear some have with POTs. At least in a PRT/NPC town you dont get that happening. Frankly i think the PRT towns should be open to Pot deeds. PRTs are player run towns and have no quests and such. Unless Port is planning on using those in the future. With the new land masses coming i fear that alot of PRT and even some NPC towns being vacated and dead unless a quest is involved.

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They have had prime location picks for two years over anyone that would benifit from this proposed change.

20. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

At some point it seems reasonable to say Founders have had plenty of time to claim a plot. Two years since the land rush. Three months since launch.

Maybe it's time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.