Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why is death shield getting a healing debuff?

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

"Death Shield: Due to the extreme power of this spell and its extensive use by all casters and melee types it received a balance change for R52. Positive effects remain unchanged but it now also comes with a 25% healing debuff. "

You know why people are using it right? When you made it so only 2 avoidance skills work together, shield of ice was not a good option vs physical damage, and its the only one left for physical defense. Most of the enemies do physical damage.

So 26% less damage from physical, at gm, then adding a -25% healing modifier that will apply vs all damage you take, well, guess death shield will be crap now too. So when everyone is using shield of crystal, you going to nerf that too now?

Zader, belijaal, Elnoth and 4 others like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

so they determined that using a death shield and allowing the use of healing spells in conjunction was imbalancing, they decided to make it so if you use death shield you heals are less effective? Sorry just make perfect sense.

Elwyn and Chrystoph Reis like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

So, you take 26% less damage only from physical, but take a 25% less healing debuff. Can I ask you what the ****ing point of it is then? It does not do anything vs magic, and most times you are fighting a mix of stuff, so really, you are just easier to kill. Sure, makes perfect sense, in some backwards world.

Nietzsche, belijaal, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

It's because they figure if you are using Death you are also using life drains which are more effective than straight healing, because you are also damaging the enemy. While you may not be playing that way, I know I do, and it's a natural assumption.

With Harpoon Savage.. I will frequently use Tap Soul for focus then drain the fugg out of an enemy with death ray (I have it locked)... and it's a lot more affective in a fight than healing. In down time I would use healing grace and tap soul... it was a little OP to be honest...

Elwyn, Beaumaris and MrBlight like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Lets say it did all damage, so at gm 2,4 mil exp skill, 26%, but then you heal 25% less, so really for 2.4 million exp you have gained 1% damage mitigation and attunement. But its not even all damage, its only physical so its even worse. I would rather have it just do less death transfer rate, then it - healing the amount that is transfers.

FrostII and King Robert like this.
  6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

For what it's worth... I tested on QA... makes a diff... but not so huge you will care. Like it's not going to make the difference between life and death,

7. Engel

Engel Avatar

Hello i'm not sure but in past death ray and death touch has been decreased now the shield and explode corpse i cant use all the time because of the ground . With the specialization the attunement of the life is decreased for the same amount of the gain in death attunement . Now i need to balance all that .

Please stop to change all .
    Thanks and my apologise if i'm not right

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  8. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

Yep sounds terrible. Just delete death.

9. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

-25% Life healing would be more appropriate to me, so some low end water/sun healing is still "unnerfd".

Elwyn likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The point is that it freed up a slot in my combat hotbar for a different skill.

11. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

@Mac2 I already started using earth shield because death was ruined before.

Mac2 likes this.
  12. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Next reading will be reduced in value because literacy is too common ...

Mac2 likes this.
  13. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Honestly, ass backwards... death shield was not too powerful, all the other shield were just crap in comparison.

Make ice shield not a part of the 2 avoid buff limit... people use it again
    Air shield almost completely useless as is except for very specific situations. - make this actually be an avoidance for ranged weapons. Ohh that be fun.
    Shield of crystal.... ehhh ok HP wow. I think spec gives you something now.
    Immolation gets use for specific situations when I need a boost to fire Attunement. Be nice if it actually kept things from hitting me like a shield. Not like they shy away from the fire.

FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Exactly.

FrostII likes this.
  15. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I don't get this change either. The -25% healing debuff completely negates any benefit from the death percentage transfer, making this skill a bad one to use because as pointed out the benefit is situational but the penalty is all encompassing.

Bad change. Terrible Change.

belijaal, FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  16. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

So 90% of the population starts using a skill because they realize how broken it is... and your solution is to break all the other stuff too? I hate nerfs... but when a HUGE amount of the population starts using a skill JUST because it's broken... it's obviously broken.

17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Death Shields been broken and OP for PvP for eons (mage vs melee argument recycled over and over), everyone knows it. But, for PvE, I thought it was just fine.

18. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

That would be your opinion. Another view point would be 4 out of the 5 shield spells are really useless garbage, leaving just one viable shield spell so everyone uses it.

19. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

My opinion is based on their numbers... and since I use the other shields for where the situation lies... yeah gotta say I wholeheartedly disagree... but keep going with the chicken-littling... .your tears quench my thirst.

20. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I would have loved to see the transfer rate lowered significantly. The way it is now it serves Death Mages the most, which makes sense I guess.

Spinok likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.