Why is it so hard to get dev attention for bugs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have bugs that I've been reporting for multiple releases and there are a lot of other bugs people have reported that are also negatvely affecting me. All have gone unheeded.

Why is it so hard these days to get dev attention for even a single bug?

Olthadir, By Tor, Jaesun and 5 others like this.
  2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Sannio is usually pretty good about responding to quest/NPC bugs. But yeah, outside of the NPC subforum....

I'm thrilled that they finally fixed the glowing dirt piles pretending to be nodes. I don't know how that one person (don't remember who) was finally able to get Darkstar's attention to it, after it had already been reported multiple times, but yeah, it shouldn't have taken a few months for something that obvious, seen by so many people.

I wish, instead of relegating just the last week of QA to bugs (when they're logically focused on the QA server and not on everything else that's already been reported), that they'd declare one entire release to be nothing but bug fixing.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Might be worth it to re-bug things on the QA server each month (assuming you don't already) since that apparently has a higher chance of getting looked at.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I do, they're ignored there too.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Kinda figured as much.

Barugon likes this.
  6. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Vacations

Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  7. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

This .

Be patient ..they have a list with a very long backlog ...they will be fixed.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This has been going on for many months.

FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Having a backlog has nothing to do with seeing and acknowledging bug reports.

10. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

They're badly understaffed. They have to worry about squashing bugs, maintaining existing content, creating future content and keeping up with new cash store items. Something has to give.

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

This ^^^

And THIS !
    (Assuming they're gonna stay afloat).

Gorthyn likes this.
  12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

when you bug report usually you will get a response like this: Issue #65491 when its acknowledged. If it has not then it could be still in the works to be looked at more in-depth.

13. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Actually - it does. There's a question of the best use of manpower... responding to a post on a forum? or researching fixes and/or creating new content? (This is where I really miss the "Bug Brigade" and it's ability to help).

Keep in mind - some stuff that might seem a minor fix to you might really be a much larger issue. Some stuff too isn't worth the time to fix when a total revamp of an underlying system is in the works that will correct the issue once implemented. We'll likely never know for sure on any one issue - but there are reasons.

14. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Fixing bugs is boring, they have control on what they focus on. You missed that part of the whole development state of mind change? ..
    It feels like the game is being abandoned slowly.

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I can attest working from home is hard and never ending work so many extra chores need doing. Vacations are much more important now.

Kidding I’m a big fan of vacations either way. #neverenough

16. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

The problem is, it should not be that if one person goes on vacation that it feels like 80% of the devs are gone.

This has nothing to do with going on vacation, it has to do with the fact that there has been less and less communication from the whole team in a whole.
    I am not a person that will watch streams, so for me there is almost NULL output/input from the team for a few months already.

By Tor, Dhanas and Brass Knuckles like this.
  17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

All right I’ll bite, my first post was more of a joke post. But they do have a perception problem things are slow to come out and when they do they are buggy to the point you wonder if who ever put them out even tested them. The communications if you don’t watch Chris stream are non existent. Chris does a really good job streaming but how much time goes into to that vrs getting stuff done?

Imop darkstarr should be the streamer Chris has too much to do. I’d miss Chris streams and on the fly bug fixings but him pounding stuff out would be higher on my lists. The down side of darkstarr streaming is he often does not know the behind the scene stuff related to specific gameplay.

Feeyo, Synergy Blaize and Dhanas like this.
  18. Lained

Lained Avatar

The streams are on his own time after he's put in a days work.

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Not always true I’ve watched him build Tartarus in the early morning and now he’s going 1:30 to 3:30 streaming.

Look I love what Chris does but imop he is too important to be the teams streamer and the teams tech guy and the teams marketer teams MAIL MAN. Imop other people should be doing this stuff let @Chris focus on the important stuff that makes the game awesome sauce.

No one doubts his commitment other people need to pick up the slack.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Aldo and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  20. oplek

oplek Avatar

We don't actually know this, or even what it means. It could be that he considers a "day's work" to be 6 hours. Even then, it's not like he's completely goofing off. He's supposedly doing more work on stream. So it's not that he does 40 hours of work, then entertains people some more... it's that he's working 50 hours a week.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.