Why is it so hard to get dev attention for bugs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I think all of you in this thread have been here for a long time so it should not be a surprise that such a tiny team is going to be behind significantly on bugs. This team puts in a lot of hours into this game. We have 1.5 artists, 1 level designer, 1 person working on story and a handful of coders. Making a game is hard. There are several other crowd funded dev teams with larger staff that has been struggling to make their game playable. Plus AAA studios that produce garbage such as Fallout 76 or Anthem with significant more staff and resources .

Floors, Lily Byrd and Synergy Blaize like this.
  2. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

On several streams, Chris explains that he typically works from 4am to noon to put in his regular workday hours. He gets up that early because there are batch processes that run in the early morning that he has to monitor and check. Then he streams from 2pm up until 5pm, when his family gets home--summers and vacations have thrown that schedule a bit out of whack, but it's still basically true. While he does sometimes do extra work in the streams, it is mostly answering questions and engaging with the community. These extra hours he puts in are volunteered on his own time with his schedule permitting.

When Chris was building Tartarus, he streamed his regular work hours so we could see, comment, and provide feedback in real time. This was a nice treat, but definitely not the norm. I certainly hope that we get more of these types of streams.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I personally would be fine with that honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.