Why no Monk as a pet or companion?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Boric Steelmane, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boric Steelmane

Boric Steelmane Avatar

Just love Monk in Blade of the Avatar, wish to read more about Monk (winks to Terry), so just wondering where is he as our Founder pet?

Also wondering if anyone has heard, when the prequel story is over, has Tracy or LB said if the story will continue on in some way in the game, or maybe some items in the game like books, quests or NPC's telling side story's of some sort about our favorite characters from the prequel, and how they lived on after Blade of the Avatar ended?

2. Margard

Margard Avatar

We only have 3 chapters left in the story

As for their being some link - maybe - but it would have to be far removed considering that the story takes place 300-400 years before we arrive to the world

as for the pet - the only thing we know is that - you may only be able to call it at a specific time of the year / season etc etc ....

There has been some talk that they may actually continue the blade of the avatar story - but thats not final - just a possibility if the game does well

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The thought occurred to me that they could do prequel novels for all 5 episodes.

I've heard no such thing about such pets. What good is a 'pet' you can only call during a specific season? An actual dev suggested this?

As for Monk.. Monk is an imp I believe and Stephen has already done concept art for both imps and emps. I don't recall imps being a founder's exclusive pet.

enderandrew, NRaas and Time Lord like this.
  4. Boric Steelmane

Boric Steelmane Avatar

Where there is so many pets right now, so why not have some pets that have limitations when you can call them. Since there limited give them some special ability's too.

Mercyful Fate and Time Lord like this.
  5. Margard

Margard Avatar

My wording is off - don't mean to give off the impression that they would only remain with you for a short time - but Darkstarr said in passing that the way you get the pet is by "calling" them at a specific time / event ... I'm assuming that they remain with you after that point

As for the episodes - Tracy and Richard did talk about possibly adding 3 books - but it was just a thought ...

I personally would love it if they did have prequels - I would spend a little extra cash to get them ...

6. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, same here! Would love to have a book for each of the episodes to provide you with the backstory for each new continent.

enderandrew and Margard like this.
  7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Monk as a pet sounds bad. XD

8. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

By the way: The Baron pet is basically "Monk".

enderandrew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.