Why Play this game?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Hurricane, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That's in game in less than two weeks.

2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yes...ish. We have yet to see it implemented, and with so many people keeping what they craft on their non-timeout vendors, AND with prices from NPC vendors nowhere NEAR where they need to be for crafters to make money. I'm looking forward to it (which is one of the reasons I brought it up) but will hold out to see how its implemented. I'm somewhat concerned that instead of being as originally presented (which is all items on NPCs being player crafted) it is just going to be random items in the loot bags have a chance of dropping player crafted stuff. But we shall see. 8^D

Hurricane likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Next release or the one after crafting items will be found on mobs, it will be our failures which could be very good indeed for some. I would like to be able to salvage them too for better resource drops.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Pretty much all the regular loot drops from the regular mobs are equally useless. They made it a bit better now, where some mobs drop ores, etc., but not nearly enough to bother. So trash mobs pretty much are for grinding the exp. Some bosses drop artifacts, but the drop rate is quite low. You can say that SoTA is a farming simulator, except you don't like farm farm, you farm mobs and bosses to have a chance on some loot. Some higher tier mobs drop supply bundles, quite a rare drop too.

So the Logic is - Level character (via questing or mobs fighting) - > Gear Up (via crafting or buying from other people vendors) - Fight monsters (to level up and get a chance on some rare drops).

SoTA online version requires a lot of time commitment. It's made in old UO school canons, or really any old MMO, where you have to grind a lot to get somewhere. Some people like it, others move on. Not a very casual game. Offline version will soon to be adjusted to be a bit more casual.

Hurricane and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  5. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Ehhhh, reading a book and playing an online game, or really any computer game, is vastly different. One of the biggest differences, your own imagination and forced imagination thought specific game mechanics.

Hurricane likes this.
  6. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

Teleport scrolls are a gold sink, using them is not getting around the system, it is the system.

Generally though I had a lot of similar experiences.
    Sadly a lot of other games suck even worse, most games I look at get a few minutes play time and go in the trash games pile.
    The fact you are still logging on and playing after a week tells me SOTA is one of the top games released this year, possibly this decade.

The game industry is a little depresing at the moment.
    But the hype was mostly true, SOTA is in my opinion one of the best mmo in recent history.

Elwyn and Hurricane like this.
  7. Hurricane

Hurricane Avatar

Lets not get carried away with the "one of the top games released this year" ok lol

8. Thelon

Thelon Avatar

I'n thinking maybe I'll play XCOM 2 expansion for a bit, then come back and see what's changed... Thank you all for your responses (when I hijacked the thread)!

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Some craft materials comes from nodes (tree mining and so on) some are drops (leather and so on) some are special drops (troll ripcage for bone armor)

Pretty much everything has its use and purpose aside a few things that seem to be not fully in game or left overs from things taken out, but 99% of what you find somoene can possible find use for.

If you want to raid over Tier 5 then yes you need crafted things to even think about it.

Hurricane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.