Why playing with friends? there are no benefit to do it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gracy, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracy

gracy Avatar

All this game is grinding, all this game is based on getting XP to spend on skills, every place where XPs can be obtained don't promote the team playing, contrarywise, if you play with friends it's an obstacle to accumulate Xp so you do that only to help friends (but you don't like it) or just to chat and wait to be alone to get again XP ...

I think that there should be more promotion for the team gaming, to make this game a real online game and to make this game more fun to play with others!

2. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Do you really need some extra benefit for playing with your friends? Isn't playing with them, having a good time with them, having fun with them reward enough? What else do you need to play with your friends? And no, I don't mean this sarcastically in any way. I really wonder, what there else needs to be as a reward for playing with my friends and having a good time.

Acred, FrostII, Ronan and 8 others like this.
  3. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

I play with friends consistently, that's why I'm here. That, in and of itself, is its own reward.
    Playing enough with them will eventually level you to wherever you want to go.
    So go play and forget about the grind and levels.

Acred, FrostII, Ronan and 4 others like this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

I do think there need to be harder "bosses" to do with groups, but I play with my friends/guildmates anyway just because it's more fun to be together.

Acred, FrostII, LoneStranger and 2 others like this.
  5. gracy

gracy Avatar

Well, I also play with friends for fun, but the spirit of the game should promote the group playing, i.e. giving more XP while in a group than in single playing ... the status of the art is at the opposite

LoneStranger, Gaelis and Time Lord like this.
  6. Mr. Hatter

Mr. Hatter Avatar

@gracy

My friends and I are in the same boat, we use to do these xp groups and explore a different zone every night, it was a lot of fun. Now the people who are still here just talk to each other in Team speak while we all harvest materials in our individual parallel universe.

There are currently very few zones designed for groups that neither reward group play with xp or loot. Making them all a been there done that sort of a thing.

Confident it will get better, but a quick fix would be to atleast bump the xp gained up.

LoneStranger, Gaelis and Time Lord like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:D "Agreed!" :D
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~;)

Lesni, fyrhuf, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  8. gracy

gracy Avatar

I like also playing with friends, but IMO, I think that atm the game don't promote the group playing, and seeing that the contents atm are not the best, just as an example it simply should increase the XP coming from the hunting and the team playing would be dramatically promoted, now, in many case, I see people (and friends) grinding alone, and when I ask to play in a group the answer is ... ok we will organize a team for "that place" as soon as possible, but now i'm just trying to get XP to get to GM that skill ... well this is not promoting a teaming at all!!!

Gaelis and Time Lord like this.
  9. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

The game needs more group bosses.

It would also be nice if being in a group scaled difficulty higher while providing more XP. If it just provided more XP, then being in a group would be basically essential for maximized growth which would be bad imo, but by also scaling the difficulty it would become equivalent in terms of gains to just soloing it. The purpose in doing that is to encourage you to go either route you prefer. Currently being in a group is mostly detrimental since XP is split among party members which discourages group play.

Group play doesn't really have to be encouraged. Every player should have a choice in how they want to play, but it certainly shouldn't be detrimental to play in a group though.

10. Gix

Gix Avatar

The devs have already mentioned their goal to add more group-oriented content.

As for "benefits to play with friends", I can think of two things:
    1. It's fun.
    2. You can train skills faster if your buddy is a GM.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

It used to be that xp earned in a party DID get a bonus. Did I miss a patch note?

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Groups become more efficient but they need to kill stuff quickly and move quickly. The idea is you kill in a group much faster. You get less XP per kill but you can mow down a forest of wolves in no time when I'm a bigger group. Now an 8 person group for a regular area is overkill . I would stick to 2-4 person groups.

FrostII, 4EverLost, Budner and 2 others like this.
  13. Duke William of Serenite

I can stand behind this one 100%

Take an 8 person group and go slay the dragons in Grunvald . It's too much fun. A few more high level areas that require 8 person groups would be nice.

14. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

As long as it is possible to be done in single player online. It should scale with the modes.

lollie and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Duke William of Serenite

I know the talked about where you quest and gain companions and those can be use to make a group.

Now I dont play singleplayer but I imagine the devs tie in these NPC companions to the quest chain?

I almost want to play singleplayer if that would be the case. It would be cool if you could craft gear and twink your NPC companions too.

Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

yes, this is what I would think also. Oh it would be great to be able to gear up your companions hehe. I just want to clarify though that I am talking about single player online if there is any confusion. :) But we think alike on this topic :)

lollie and Time Lord like this.
  17. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

agree 100%, bothers me a long time now and still

Arianna and Time Lord like this.
  18. Duke William of Serenite

In SPO you can probably solo a dragon sure, but you better be level 100 lol.

Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  19. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Couldn't this be said about PvP, too? Isn't having a good time fighting others reward enough?

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

His issue is that the dragon can be killed by two people, and those two people get less xp when they include a third person. So those two people will kill it on their own even though they would rather kill it with a full group simply because for each additional person added there is less reason to kill it at all. The ONLY reason to be in a full party at all anywhere at any level is to socialize. It is the same for every zone and every available activity. Many people want to progress as a group, yes you can group anyway but you are handicapping yourself. Just need a tweak to xp distribution in parties.

Time Lord, Ravicus Domdred and Gaelis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.