Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why the outlook is dim . . . .

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

From this thread on Bone Armor - already a suit made :eek:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/bone-armor-first-look.64666/

Sorry but this is exactly what is wrong, and shows actually how bad the direction the game is actually going :confused:. QA has been up for what a few days and already a whole suit is made :oops: , :( and these pieces have Heavy defense but in the Light armor tree so in a week every PvPer / Mage will be wearing Bone suits, well probably not everyone but the idea is simple, better defense with light properties.:cool:

These required pieces are apparently not hard at all to acquire and with player soloing all the above "end game" mobs these will be second hand suits in a month. and player will just start asking for more, more, more.

And as soon as some are gotten the devs will figure it out and adjust the drop so then all the others will never have a chance only the rare few.

Once again I will say it - drop rate should be so low that players are screaming for them to appear and adjusted up (ever sol little at a time).

A suit like this with items "exceedingly difficult" should take at least 6 months to acquire a set for even the master power gamer.

Game longevity is in the balance

2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I don't know if most mages will give up their cloth for bone armor... +27% Focus and +5.6% Spell Critical Chance (Epic Carapacian) is pretty hard to give up for just a little extra defense imo. Archers may though. Also, doesn't the QA server have accelerated XP gains? Which would speed up how long it takes to become viable enough to collect the materials for this armor.

Syipress and Oba Evesor like this.
  3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

So you want to camp bosses for hours?
    let the last hit wars begin... no thanks.

id rather the bosses just get buffed up regen so they are not soloable.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Don't need bone armor. Already have all the bone I need. :eek:

5. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I'm not particularly fond of the fact that this is now the hands down Exceedingly best light armor you can get. Stylistically I can't see my character wearing that stuff, but also intentionally gimping myself if I refuse to ever make it.

Hazard, 4EverLost, x_Selene_x and 2 others like this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Why? I play SPonline. Why should i not be able to solo it?

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thats why i suggested they make the "epic" sets in game set to the same standards as the bone armor. And the mats just as hard to get.

8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

we didnt solo it Weins, we got in a party to gather,craft and test it. Lucky too since it was borked.

GraveDncer, Acred, 4EverLost and 5 others like this.
  9. Syipress

Syipress Avatar

I don't think most people playing a pure mage would make a full switch to Bone Armor. The focus loss would hurt most magic heavy builds, especially those that have GM+ level skills that need a ton of focus to spam higher tier spells. I definitely wouldn't at least.

Personally I have no problem with the speed at which people conquer or acquire new content. You see this all the time in any MMO or mutliplayer game. The power levelers/achievement hunters will grind and grind to be the strongest/first to do something. Everyone plays at their own pace. If I really want Bone Armor, I'll eventually get it, even if 1000 other people already have it before me. I've said this before in another thread, but equipment is not the end all be all measurement of a character's relative strength like it is in other games. In Shroud, Adventurer Level and skill level determine the character's power far more than their gear (though good gear definitely helps!).

10. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I think making it nigh impossible for a casual gamer to get it would be far more likely to ruin game longevity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.