Why would anyone want an NPC Building in their POT?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Poor game design, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabum Alal

Rabum Alal Avatar

Have you never partied with an NPC?

NPC's rage hard.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Whether or not a POT owner would want a Portalarium-created NPC (the ones that keep the gold they get, and that I will refer to as Port-NPC's) really depends on whatever stuff Port decides to have their NPC's sell (if anything) at launch.
    Right now there are basic items like salt, yeast, chemicals, coal, wax, etc. that we need for cooking, crafting, etc. that Port-NPC's have for sale.
    Will these Port-NPC's exist when we launch? Has Portalarium made any definitive statements regarding this?
    When we know the answer to the above, we will be in a much better position to answer your question.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I get gold off skeletons and slime.

It's also probable that players will be able to make their own gold created by mined ore. I think that's where we're headed, and I think that's a good thing.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The devs have said that these basic items will be created by NPC's as they are now. I don't like that either...but regardless, I have no problem with letting other players buy tons of these items in Ardoris (for example) and traveling to Rats' Nest (my POT) and selling them at a higher price. That's expected and I have no doubt that some players will make tons of money off of this arrangement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.