Will All NPCs have Homes?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by ReleeSquirrel, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReleeSquirrel

ReleeSquirrel Avatar

One of my favorite elements to the Ultima games was how every character had their own home. Even in Ultima 5 which had an overworld like SOTA will have, every NPC had their own bed to go home to. I hope that'll stay true in SOTA; but more than that, I hope they'll have meaningful homes. Given that the game is instanced, there's no need to box them in. In Ultima 7 NPCs had homes, but they were usually one-room hovels unless they were significant to the plot. Certainly, some people live in hovels in fantasy worlds, though it'd be nice if they had all of the things a person needs to live.

Speaking of which, I hope you'll have bathrooms, even if they're never really used. It's always weird to be playing a game and everyone lives in houses that are barely a bedroom, with no kitchen or bathroom, or even a chamber pot.

This kind of thing is important to me. Some of my fondest memories of the Ultima games were in Ultima 7, just hanging out at the various inns. My biggest little disappointment with Ultima Online was that I was unable to lay down in a bed.

2. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

Even outhouses would be acceptable.

It would also be cool if various NPC's with extra rooms in their houses, under the right circumstances, offer those rooms for rent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.