Will enemies use their Focus?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by redfish, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm surprised this topic hasn't come up, anywhere. I haven't seen any dev discussion either.

Right now, none of the enemies I've seen use up their Focus bar, even though they have one. Wearing down enemies through depleting their Focus could be a viable game tactic.

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Also do enemies have limited ammo?

docdoom77, KuBaTRiZeS and redfish like this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Here's the thing though.. the enemies all basically auto-attack.. which doesn't use focus. If you want the baddies to use up focus.. they need to have abilities that require them to use focus.

So what we're really talking about here is.. will enemies get their own skills and the intelligence to use them. I'm not opposed to this but as the game is currently balanced right now.. that would be very painful. The as much as enemies offense is improved.. the player's ability to defense against those moves also needs to improve.. and that would mean our own offense probably needs to be improved a bit to compensate for our better defense.. etc etc..

Alternatively.. mob auto attacks need to be greatly weakened.

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I know the ghosts and liches have abilities they are using (the stun and drain life) that should be affected by focus... But otherwise, I agree there needs to be a definite balance implemented for mobs.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Maybe, like players, they'll have 500 arrows on them you that can pick up from their bodies as loot :D And they complain to other elves about going back to town to sell wolf skins to buy more arrows, only to have their pack encumbered :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.