will sota prevent speedhacking and damage boost ?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by baronandy, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i have seen several game who done it right like league of legends

in league of legends the stats and files were stored server side (what will cost the developers money for servers) but prevent people from cheating

will this be the case in sota ??

or will we get another game where those stuff is stored client side and people can manipilate the values of speed and attack damage ?? the problem is that those stats can be tweaked only a bit so you dont recognize a cheater if he do only 15 percent more damage and run 5 percent faster.

the worst excemple was infinity wards , a game developer studio i will never ever buy a game from again.
    in the call od duty modern warfare games those files were stored client side because the developers want to save money and forgot, or decided to not implement a vote kick option. everyone know what happened.... especially in mw3 cheaters everywhere you coudnt kick them out or make your own server with an admin controlling it

MalakBrightpalm and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

They've said many times that this information will be on the servers. Even when they talked about distributed processing on certain information, the source of truth for all of these things will always be the servers.

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats sadly a readon why we have instance limits and lag :(

But yeh fear not for hacking that model is pretty much invincible to regular amateurs...

4. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

cant those calculations be done on another server which is connected to the main server ?? that it wont cause lags , but somehow i cant beleave that is the reason for lag .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.