Will the Repair Kits ruin this?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Myrcello, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I despise the repair kit.

2. Haz

Haz Avatar

Howdy Asguard,

Well, I, for one, am glad it's not UO. Unlike some, I don't want a copy of UO, I don't wanna play an updated UO. I'm not gonna go to the "armor in UO" place, that was not what my post was about my friend. I was making a statement about people (being inherently honest) in UO, not about UO itself. My post was to say that I'm not worried about Smith scammers, or at least I wasn't until I read your posting. By your post, I now have learned something new, something I have to look into. I'm a bit behind the curve it seems, when it comes to what our interactions will be to get armor repaired. I'm gonna have to catch up I guess, as I was unaware that we would be dropping repairs to a vendor and waiting for the crafter to do the repairs if and when he is on and ready to do them.

I've been sitting here for about 5 minutes rolling this info around in my head....now I'm gonna go try to find some info cause, I don't like that and can't imagine why Port would set things up like that.

3. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

FYI.... Did some fact finding at Owl`s Head on cost repairs with crafted kits verses vendor kits.
    Crafted repair kits 80g. Vendor repair kits 160g
    For example, the amount of matts needed for 10 repair kits,
    80 ore, 20 coal, 40 hide, 10 salt
    On 3 pieces of crafted gear Sword, Chest and Leggings, to raise each item from 20 durability to 90, it takes 7 kits for sword and 15 kits each for the chest and leggings. Total is 37 kits for 3 pieces of crafted gear.
    37 kits = 296 ore and 148 hide to craft. Hmmm...a lot of time needed to grind out for that amount of matts needed not to mention that at same time your getting more wear and tear on your gear.
    37 kits x 160 vendor cost =5920g
    37 crafted kits x 80g= 2960g
    Vendor sold Augmented plate and sword is 280g for chest, 270g for leggings and 300g for cutlass sword. Total 850G
    Repairs kits crafted or purchased = Time and Money Sink.
    Give me a armor rack so I can display my nice shiny crafted gear inside a house only to wear it to a Dance Party..

Myrcello likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.