Windmill House - Eye Sore when GROUPED?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hempy Do`Herben, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Ok, so I put a few hours in last night & I am finding more and more I really like & enjoy about the game so far.

One thing I noticed that the town and world in general are just very very impressive and appealing to the eye. But, in some areas I see CLUSTERS of 2-3 Windmill homes bunched together and imo it does not look right. This looks really really annoying :/ and immersion breaking. It seem like something that would not be done in RL like that.

I am honestly wondering if maybe a LIMIT should be put on that 1 home type so it does not saturate towns.

The Windmill home is really nice but because of the MOVING wind blade it is very NOTICED! Even seeing 2 viking homes or any other homes next to each other does not cause the same awkward feeling when you see them together.

2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Well, It's just not ever going to happen.

And things could be worse.. :) it could be like UO where people can design thier own houses *shrugs and shivers in fear*

3. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

I feel the same way about windmills Hemp. I just try and think of them like windmill farms instead of popular housing choices.

Hempy Do`Herben likes this.
  4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Will be the Don Quixote terror! But, thiniing about the logic in a fantasy medieval town, I think that groups of willmills will be more normal that groups of any other kind of tower... Anyway will be up to the players.

First time when they implemented that kind of free design I was thinking "Wow, is amazing!". After I regret a lot... XD

5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'd much rather see windmills (or water mills) as functional mills. Perhaps providing power to a handful of local houses giving a bonus to processing skills. It makes sense to me that larger cities have some other solution to power and don't have mills.

I really don't like random house types in cities at all. Building should make sense and have a purpose.

6. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Yes this wood be GREAT! Maybe just pull the Windmill house off store those who have them get to keep them. But in future only Windmind use would be like you said PRIME for MILL use rather then a home.

Depending on how many people bought this Windmill home and where the players actually set up their homes 3-6 Windmills in the same area would be HORRIBLE! I would hate to have my home grouped in that neighborhood and have to see tht everyday. Can we freely move our homes at will if our neighborhood sucks?

7. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Go out West you can where you can see hundreds of windmills grouped together... Pretty cool IMO

Sir Isycle and Hempy Do`Herben like this.
  8. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Agreed. Free energy is awesome. Its a shame about all those dead birds though..

Maka likes this.
  9. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Ok, I will go check it out. So out WEST is a bunch of Windmills w/ dead birds? Windmill Houses or different type of windmill? Man, I gotta get out of the town I have just been searching every nook for more goodies for my house.

I think Windmill Farm wouldnt be bad, but Windmill houses group in bunches in the middle of town imo is kind of a eye sore.

10. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

Grouped together would get annoying to a degree, but I like the overall feel of them as homes so I can live with it.

Time Lord and Hempy Do`Herben like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.