Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Windmills going opposite directions...

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by Aegis159, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

After standing in Owl's Head near the village market area and the crafting area I noticed something. Overhead the clouds are passing in one direction... We'll just say left to right as I look to the west where the sun sets in this example. The large windmill homes located just behind the crafting building are traveling in the correct direction in respect to the direction the wind is coming from. The vertical windmill located on top of the building adjacent to the village crafting area is spinning in the correct direction. However the 3-blade fans located on the buildings in the village marketplace and half of the ones poised on the mountaintops in the background are all spinning opposite of the wind direction. Fixing this should be pretty straightforward.
    Just thought I would bring it up!
    Cheers!

2. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

Another small detail I noticed is that 3 bladed fans on the mountain top mills are all in the same positions when spinning.
    For example, when one's 3 blades are in the peace sign position, they ALL are.

3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Mind you, if one really wanted to be accurate, they would not all spin at the same rate either, since friction is not exactly the same within the structure, and the force of the wind would be different in various locations.

But most likely, as Skalex noted, simply having the turbines start at different rotational positions would be acceptable. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.