Wishlist - Adding three ferry paths to the game

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Sir Aular Glorthalion, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

There are two areas of the game that are difficult to get to and hazardous for lower level avatars - South Paladis and Drachvald. There are a few ferry paths I'd like to wishlist to make travel both make more sense and make it a bit easier on load screens and lower level avatars.

Ferry: Brittany to Graff Island (Or Brittany to Port Graff)
    Graff Island and the Port Graff area is a wealthy merchant/family holding. I think it makes sense in the world-story to have a boat that goes from one of these two ports to Brittany. Also, there is a boat path from Brittany to Kingsport, so in the sea-lanes concept, boats already come near here.

Ferry: Eastmarch to Soltown
    This would allow low level Avatars access to Spite to continue the Love quest line and, if combined with a Brittany to Graff Ferry, would allow everyone access to the Perenial Coast without having two load screens through one of the pass zones (or a mountain troll random encounter).

Ferry: Storm's Reach to Jaanaford
    This would give avatars access to the South Paladis region without having to traverse a tier 5 zone, helping low level avatars continue their story lines into the Courage chain.

Thanks for you consideration.

2. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Live in Celistis, but any time I need something I have to wait for the Lunar rift. Wouldn’t mind an alternative, though it would make the Pass zones kinda useless, unless you happen to be in a situation where using the fery’s would be kinda outta the way otherwise. What if certain things such as this had to be unlocked via traveling to both destinations first? Would function similar to the Spawn Point system in zones now.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

All the pass-through zones have something else in them - control points, or a fortress sub-zone. And they are tier 5 zones with decent XP and resources. You could also do what they're planning for r52 and place special adventure-scene devotional buffs in these zones to make it worth delving into - adventure level +6, magic resist +7, masterwork craft bonus shrines. There are ways to keep the zones relevant and still allow easier travel.

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Drachvald is the only region I find it hard to get to. Since they removed the ferry from Ardoris to the Hidden Vale, the Perennial Coast has lost a lot of its attractiveness. I think it would be good to have a ferry route from Ardoris to Port Graff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.