With the change ot recipie locations it is time to get rid of the Alloy Components . . .

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Weins201, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Since crafting has been difficult from the get go, and making a plain crafter is impossible, it would benefit all if the requirement for special recipes to make components out of Alloys needs to go away.

Sure you can need the Alloy Ingots but once the alloy is made you would be able to make them into whatever you have learned how to make . . .

If you can make a Two Handed Long Sword Blade, then you should be able to make it out of any Alloy you have learned how to make and have on hand.

Yes you will still need to learn how to make the White Iron ingot before you can make a White Iron Handle BUT once you can make an ingot you should be able to make items.

It has become overly complicated to be a viable crafter and seems to get more and more difficult over time.

2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

The title of this confused me for a second. But ya...if I can make a copper hilt... I should be able to make the same dumb hilt from any alloy I can make. I *hope* when they FINALLY get around to addressing crafting that the refining trees make sense. Annnnd...you shouldn't have to go kill mobs to find the new (you know they're coming) refining recipes. It's ridiculous that with all the features of this game that a person can't be a dedicated crafter.

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i havent sat down and properly caclulated but in 100+ hours in a 4 to start with 5 now skull area since r44 hit... 5 recipies... wow thats like err..... hmm

Spryone, FrostII and Weins201 like this.
  4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

are you trying to politely say that the drop rates (like the loot for lev's 20-90) sucketh?

FrostII likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I still firmly believe this "more stuff dropping off mobs" is the opposite direction crafting should be going.
    Why not have master craft npcs that teach you about alloys, perhaps after you've proven your ability by completing some (crafting related) quests?
    As I've said elsewhere, it makes no sense that I can make a sword out of copper but not out of bronze, or that i can't figure out (discovery) how to do it out of bronze or learn from another crafter (teachability) how to do it, but instead must rely on a specific scrap of paper that given existing drop rates could take months or years to actually acquire.

If we really need another obstacle to crafting, then at least make it an obstacle you can tackle, by crafting. Less reliance on adventuring, not more.

6. piccolin8

piccolin8 Avatar

Suppose once you had the sword recipe, the other alloyed versions were discoverable, and instead the alloy ingot recipe was the random drop.
    Vendors would still sell the base iron and copper ingot recipe.
    You'd still have the premium on alloy gear, but it wouldn't be like having to play the lottery to figure out how to make a sword.
    Most players training their skills tend to make the base iron and copper ones anyways, right?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    LoneStranger and kaeshiva like this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This would make a lot more sense, and would go a long way toward reducing the number of recipe drops in the "pool" - which currently is so many that getting the one you are actually after is a near impossibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.