Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Without all recipes being sold on vendors post 36...how do you know what you are missing

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

Are we to be reliant on 3rd party websites that have recorded this information up to R35 to have some kind of master list of recipes? (and pray they don't just give up?)

Before we could shop vendors and see what recipes we might be missing. With them being drop only and unknown to us which are, how are players to know where to find recipes? Just from patch notes and keeping track?

What system is being implemented in conjunction with the removal of recipes to allow players to be informed and set goals as to how and where to acquire these removed recipes?)

(I don't want to hear well discovery is the adventure, play that way if you like, for me having goals is part of the adventure, I like my lists of things to do, just me and I am sure a few others)

Chatele and Lazarus Long like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm going to guess that recipes will still be recorded on sotawiki, etc., but now they will also have information on how/where to learn them. So you will still know what you are missing (or know as well as anyone else does), but you just won't be able to throw the ingredients on a table to automatically learn it.

I thought about the implications of non-discoverable recipes a few weeks ago when Scottie got me thinking about regional item variations. As much as I like being able to throw crap on the table any time I want, it's just not fun (aka challenging). After thinking about it for a while, I was willing to accept losing "experimentation". But it seems that they're keeping it to some degree; you're just only going to have it for low-level crafts.

It makes teachable recipes worthwhile. Why teach a recipe to someone when he can just check wiki and throw crap on the table?

It makes regional recipes worthwhile. You want that Ardoris model of gear? Then get down to Ardoris and find someone who can teach you what you need. No crap on a table for you!

And I'm also cool about keeping existing learned recipes, with the restriction that they don't become teachable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.