Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wolves AI

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@Scrambler I've posted variations of this idea a few times before. But I can't help but think that this would be a good addition to the wolf AI, so here I go again.

I really think that wolves should get some kind of a bonus for "pack hunting" whenever 3 wolves or more attack the same thing. Maybe it's a debuff to what they're attacking or a damage increase for the wolves, I don't know. I just think this would be a cool feature.

uhop likes this.
  2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

as an archer, which suppose to be able to pull 1 mob at a time, which is becoming less and less possible, I don't like anything coming in 3's or more, UNLESS I am able to pull 1 at a time ..... Usually that was my role in a group in other games when they needed someone to pull a mob without pulling unwanted aggro ....

3. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

Not sure if you got to play it, but Ranger in FFXI was one of the best pull roles I've seen. It was exaggerated in that game since outside of beastmaster, no class could solo, so leveling consisted of groups finding a good camping spot and having a ranger single pull high tier mobs. They even gave them a tracking skill. I do hope they put some work into making mob grouping allow single pulls by the use of smart ranged skills. I find myself having to run with 2-3 on me until I can get 2 to leash, while I try to keep 1, which is a bit awkward for normal leveling pulls. I'm fine with leashing for advance dungeon tactics with limited uses.

@Baron Drocis Fondorlatos I think the pack buff idea is fun, I would really be into wolves randomly forming a pack and having their AI pattern change to hunting and extremely aggressive. I'm sure it'd be low on the work totem pole atm though.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

as an Archer, I have a problem handling more then 1 mob at a time, in the rare case where I can take on more then 1 if they con green .... I hate the fact in order to survive, I have to be multiple characters , when all I want to be is an archer. Not in this game I guess ..... been trying to figure out what I should add to my arsenal to make being an archer viable ..... for SOLO play.....
    Been getting buffs etc, but not sure what to do about the mages now etc, what do I do when more then 1 come? RUNNNNNNNNN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.