Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wolves: Pack Bonus

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Please consider giving wolves attacking the same Avatar in packs of 3 or more an attack and defense bonus. :)

This would make wolves a lot more challenging.

2. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Why? Sounds like mario bros. Bonus crap

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They already have a bonus - there's three of them! They also run faster than me.

Numa likes this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

I like it. Maybe it could raise their aggro chance and make them "braver" (strength buff) together.

Numa likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They already have a higher aggro chance when there's more than one.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  6. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think that's more just that they will follow one another if you happen to aggro one. (if that makes sense) The low level ones will still run away even in a group.

Numa and Black Tortoise like this.
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I agree with OP - i think the pack / baf mobs should get fear/resolve bonuses when there are 3+ of them near each other as well. Currently, when you run up to a pack of wolves, one to all of them run away. Even if there are 6 of them - sometimes they all run. Sometimes 2 attack and 4 run, etc. Seems mutually exclusive chances for them to run or attack you - which it shouldnt be since therye a pack! So if there are 3+ wolves, they all aggro you at once, none of them run away. Same thing if there are 3+ bears. It would make sense, even IRL, that a lone wolf would run from someone holding a torch and a sword. It doesnt make sense that 6 ever do that.

If the plans for keeping a record of our PVE stats do unfold (e.g., weapons with # of elves killed), then I think animals should fear you by default if youre a PackAnimal-Slayer, having nilled N-thousand of them before. So once youve killed like N-thousand wolves, they always run by default (Except when bosses or obsidians are present). Bears recognize you as that avatar that killed X-many-thousand of them, and they run away - unless some boss mob bear leads them to attack you instead.

Its possible that I am experiencing this, and just havent noticed its always the green ones that run. I feel that I can recall many times where about 50% of the yellows ran and 50% of the yellows attacked. I know I can recall times where 100% of the yellows ran. Regardless, I havent committed these things to memory in such detail.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.