Wood Harvest Locations?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Koldar, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cramit845

Cramit845 Avatar

Thanks for the info. Will use this since my tree cutting skill is pretty poor atm.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thanks Romo for the suggestion! I'll be staying clear of the shardfall though - I never go in them. ;)

Ive resigned to the fact that you can't be a pure crafter in this game and that crafting requires combat too. I've just been adventuring through scenes and grabbing what wood I can find. Unfortunate, but what can you do?

I do, however, still have a choice about pvp. Hence my avoidance of shardfalls. When that becomes forced, I will find something else to do.

Mata, Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Outside of Solania in the Celestial woods or whatever it's called is a level 1 and level 2 area you can gather wood, just have to kill the occasional low level creatures. Same outside of Aerie there's some identical level 1 and 2 areas there too for wood. I'll be happy when they actually put more wood types in and more than 4 or 5 trees in a scene to gather from heh.

Mata, Retlaw, Acred and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Just go in friends only or single player mode no worries about PvP. Currently there are no extra rewards outside of PVP itself for entering a PvP zone in multiplayer mode.

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Interesting. I wasn't aware this was still possible. In that case, I'll have a investigate the shardfalls!

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Avatar

You could try the East Perennial Trail. Low level and plenty of trees. I recommend friends or single player mode, and then you can just loop around the zone until your bags are full. Skeletons and Zombies are easy and drop lots of rusty swords. The Brown Bears are a bit more difficult, but should be easy enough for a newbie (like me!).

Acred, Time Lord and Koldar like this.
  7. Shezep

Shezep Avatar

I like resource gathering in Brightbone Pass. Superstition Pass has the same map so it would work too. One side has no guard, and the other side has only one. The middle part is trickier, but not bad if you're good at running and not dying. (I Dash and hide behind a rock when they spot me. If Vanish sticks, I know I've lost them.) There are a few trees, some cotton, and some iron, copper, and granite nodes. These are more likely to drop rares since it's a 5 skull area. In other words, I'm recommending this for quality more than quantity in case you need sooty bark or beetle carapaces. The middle section has a good amount of mandrake and nightshade if you can avoid the guards. If you have mesmerize animal, you can draw the bears and wolves away from whichever tree they're guarding, and then make them drop aggro before they've scratched you up too badly. I do this in friends or solo mode. Passes are harder when other people stir up the skellies.

Time Lord and Acred like this.
  8. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

I like North Brightbone Woods for a balanced resource gathering experience, Wood Pine and maple, cotton, reagents, fishing/worms. AH from deer etc... there are also mobs to engage. You can almost always avoid "most" mobs in this zone if you are careful.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have a need for what seems like an infinite supply of wood. If I gather in easier places, there is more competition and skills have extremely slow growth. Plus it is actually a lot more fun to work in areas you know you can get killed in. Put simply, it is less like a grind if there is a challenge to it. There are plenty of trees in most forest scenes to where you will leave because you are over encumbered, not for lack of trees.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

#Skull zone x100 xp per node - skills turned up expenditure = gained pool xp for crafting

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

There goes my North Brightbone hiding place. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Recently changed locations and I am trying to find good spots for harvesting wood again. No longer in the Vale and sorry to say but the level 1 and 2 scenes are very scarce with trees. The only one that is minutely good is Mariah's Overlook. I have hit most of the other ones and hardly any trees to harvest at all. And barely saw any cotton or ore either. I was very disappointed. I am in Resolute so running out too far isnt a good idea since i have to constantly run through passes. My poor little legs get tired after a while. LOL.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

If you're near Ardoris or Soltown, I recommend the South Celestial Wetlands. It's a two skull area but it has enough trees that you will never run out if you are in SPO or FO (and no friends are with you!). It also has numerous garlic, cotton and black pearl harvests.

14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Does anyone know of excellent places to farm wood scrap (salvage weapons that yeild wood scraps)?

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Belladonna Rose

Just wish there were better harvesting areas near Resolute. I hit a couple low end scenes and hardly any trees there at all. I run the gambit of the mobs and barely get a handful of trees. I made the run through the pass and went down near Aerie and hit the low end areas there....but the yield isnt as high. Have to hit about three or four scenes to get a good tree run.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Harvesting mats directly related to the difficulty of the area. If you keep harvesting in 1-2 skull area, your harvesting skills will never grow past the amount that these lower level areas allow to get to. Going to higher level areas is more risky, but inspires the adventuring and promotes the growth of your harvesting skills, since after you chop down a tree or harvest some cotton, or skin some animal, these activities will provide higher exp that will allow your harvesting skills to grow. Without venturing into higher growing harvesting Lumberjack, after all, should be able to defend himself from wolves, bears, spiders etc. If you go to the forest as a lumberjack, you may get attacked by wild animals, so you want to have adventuring skills to be able to defend yourself no matter you want to be full time lumberjack or not.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

The whiteguard? foothills just north outside SolTown, right by the bridge..
    found early game that was in ever shape the best instance for trees, cotton , exp, and ore. Soltown has everything as well including a bank in the inn. worked for me for a very long time.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I find mage mobs are best, as they drop 2 wood weapons. Bows are similar but 1/mob obviously. Usually spawns have a random mix of 3 archetypes tho.

Shields used to be a good source, but I think that wood/metal combo items only give wood on crit salvage now (bug perhaps) Was not the case when I played the alpha last

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  19. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

My favorite place to lumberjack is in the Savrenoc Timberlands which is a level 3 zone. Mostly Maple with some pine. One cemetary with skeletons and two areas with Elves. Other than that, by avoiding those areas, all you really will be dealing with are timber wolves and grizzly bears. Lots of trees.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Belladonna Rose

South Hinterland isnt too bad for trees. Maple and Pine. A bit of cotton and a few ore hits...plus a nice little spider cave that has some gems. Lots of bears and wolves, mob humans and of course Spiders. But its a pretty good lumber source

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.