Wooden Long Bowstave Recipe Location please

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Celthon, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

In my crafting book the recipe for a Longbow requires a "Wooden Long Bowstave"...but after visiting three merchants that sell recipes for various bow parts, none have the recipe for any type of Long Bowstave...they have recipes for the various types of short bowstaves and regular bowstaves (for instance "Maple Bowstave")...is there a specific merchant somewhere that has the Long Bowstave recipes? Have checked in Ardoris, Owl's Head, and a few other towns along the way.

Also, now that some recipes are teachable and re-teachable...can someone explain the mechanics of how I would teach a recipe to someone else please? Do I open my crafting/recipe book and drag a recipe to a trade window?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Acred likes this.
  2. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

The Long Bowstave is the same thing as the regular bowstave, I think the type of wood nominative might just be for the sake of describing it, i.e. the "Wooden Long Bowstave" is just a general term in your crafting recipe book since to make a long bow you can place a bowstave of the wood you choose to make it. The Maple Bowstave recipe is just specific to the type of bowstave you are making. I hope that made sense. I might not be articulating it correctly.

Acred and Celthon like this.
  3. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Understand what you're saying...I thought the "Regular Bowstave" made a "Bow" and the "Short Bowstave" made a Short Bow...so mistakenly thought there was a recipe for a Wooden Long Bowstave, to make a Long Bow -- since the recipe in my book lists "Wooden Long Bowstave" as one of the needed components (I thought there were three types of bow: Short Bow, Bow and Long Bow). I will try with regular bowstave...thank you.

Acred likes this.
  4. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Yeah I had the same problem a couple of releases ago. I went from Ardoris to Solania to Owl's Head hoping not to throw away 250 gold on a guess. Fortunately, it worked out! Anyway, glad to help out!

Acred and Celthon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.