Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

*WOOP* *WOOP* *WOOP*

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by Sardonyx, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sardonyx

Sardonyx Avatar

The sound of the Wizard Tower. While they sound cool for a minute, I would never be able to spend any time in a Wizard Tower. Listening to that sound on a loop would drive me nuts.

Same goes for fountains. The trickling water sound is cool, but if these are going to be player place-able, there's going to be some upset neighbors if they have to listen to that every time they come home.

Can you revisit these sounds? Maybe give a separate off switch / volume slider for them?

2. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

A volume slider would be nice some of the sounds like the ones you mentioned and the sounds of chests opening and doors opening and closing are way to loud right now.

Time Lord and Malchor1 like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think the portals for wizard towers take up waaaaay too much space. I'd like to see a portal that was more like a mirror on the wall that doesn't make a sound unless it's used.

Time Lord, selbie, Malchor1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Very good and constructive observations. I didnt think of those things but in realtime gaming that could be pretty annoyin

Time Lord likes this.
  5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

You guys forgot about the "creaking" Wind mill noises, and Yes, they need a separate Volume control (I think the sfx controls them, but then I can't hear all the other cool sounds).

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

THIS! PLEASE! I hate the wizard tower sound so much... I am sorry, but it is very loud and becomes very annoying for anything longer than 30 seconds.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. selbie

selbie Avatar

The wizards tower reminds me of the clunkiness of Ultima 9's buildings. Especially that bat**** crazy wizard in the game.
    Surely wizards need more space to spread out their mess and test out magic skills :)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Yes the sound of the water is way too loud in the fountains...It should be much lower, then no need of a volume control.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Has anyone else noticed what sounds like muffled voices as the water fountain sound effect plays?

Also I agree - the wizard tower teleporter is maddening after a while. I guess mages never sleep because I can't imagine anyone sleeping through that without a sedative or a hard whack to the back of the head.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

While I can sympathize with the sentiment here, I'm also a realist thinker when it come to this game. If the sound coming from your neighbor is too much, move or enact a sound ordinance law.
    On the other hand, I have a hard time believing that sound can travel through a huge tree truck easily or through a think heavy brick wall. The teleporter needs an electric bill to match staying on all the time and the fountain needs to sound less like a river if it's penetrating such thicknesses.
    I noticed that the birds that flew close to a building I was on, (a few R's back) which was causing my chr to lag, are these dynamic things such as fountains causing the same lag in slower computers? Anybody? o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.