world map question

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by baronandy, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

will the world map always open when you move out of town like it is now (or is this just for testing the traveling system)

in my opinion this world map should only show up when you visit an npc you can pay gold for who take you with ,with his cart

or if you clicked on a moongate.

i think you shoudnt be able to enter the world map from everywhere , that would also destoy pvp abit if they will keep the traveling system like it is now (always accesable when you leave the area) the world map should be smth you have to pay for in gold maybe ,

(for excemple if you meet a friend or someone you are not in party with if you want to follow him out of town , you wont meet him, his world map open and he travel somewhere far away and skip the areas infront of the town, where maybe someone wanted to place a tactical house vendor)

anyways the tavel system is good just wrong implemented that you can use it after every instance , at least in my opinion

mike11 likes this.
  2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

It´s suppose to be always open when you move out. It's a 2 scale system world.

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I keep hoping they will make it multiplayer so other groups of player enemies can play a factor in wandering the world.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

NRaas likes this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

It is currently multiplayer: One can see where your party members are located on the overworld map.

But I understand what you are getting at: The ability to catch another player on the overworld and pull them into an instance for combat purposes would be very cool. :)

mike11 likes this.
  5. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

I would very much like to not have the DEFAULT be that I go to overworld map, since it would be cool to just run seamlessly across the world. That being said, I'm inclined to dislike the idea of having to pay money to get the overworld map, or jump through excessive hoops. Presumably the game knows if you are in combat, and if someone tries to flee from PvP by running off the map edge, by all means let the coward be chained down and forced straight into the neighboring hex, allowing his pursuer to follow.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Including when you're deep inside dungeons and mazes?

Including when you're in a combat environment (not PvP, just combat) and want to just quickly loot a chest and then jump out to the overland map to escape the chest's guardian?

I think it would also make sense to be able to exit to the world map from most locations, say if you're just in an open plain or forest; it doesn't make sense to have specific 'exit portals.' I'm just noting that it would require a bit of figuring out for which situations the game would have to decide to lock you out of exiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.