World-Start Equipment Suggestion

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by NirAntae, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

(If this is in the wrong area, would some kindly mod put it where it would be more suited? I couldn't decide what would be best.)

So, when the issue about starting equipment was talked about in the combat deep dive, I had this thought, and thought I ought to share it in a less flying-by format than chat.

Given the difficulties of having starting equipment/loot when the world first fires up, what about producing a set amount (for instance, 1000 weapons, 500 full sets of armor, etc., whatever you determine to be a good starting level) of low-to-upper-middle level weapons, armor, and other such equipment that is 'maker's marked' as being made by the staff characters? How freakin' awesome would it be to kill a dragon and receive a sword, even a relatively low level one, made by Lord British himself? Or to find a DarkStarr cloak made by Lord DarkStarr??

This would create an instant 'rares' trade (collect a full set of plate made by FireLotus!), would provide initial loot/equipment, and would not endanger the goal of player-made items being the standard for equipment.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Oh, that brings up another idea, regarding the "age" of an item.

Having a field associated with each object that denotes how long it has been in-game, which a user can view, would lend itself to the general rares market as well.

What happens if say one of the Staff actually participates in the live game, and has been pumping out goods all this time ?

It would be great for a rare's market to know that this particular "Hoe of Destruction" was from the very beginning of the game, rather than just one that was created yesterday. :)

Margard and Dadalama like this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Great idea NirAntae! I see "snow globes" collecting starting with your idea.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Ryoken

Ryoken Avatar

That's a fantastic idea, that would be awesome to run across one of those items.

5. Margard

Margard Avatar

Good idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.