Worn Page Event - Release 68 (Completed)!

Discussion in 'Release 68 Events' started by Jaesun, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

My fellow Novians,

My name is Anpu, and upon my various explorations of Novia, I have discovered something that I had found most strange.

In visiting some of the lesser visited towns throughout Novia, I would, out of just sheer curiosity, often check to see what the local Public Vendor might have for sale. I noticed sometimes there were rather odd notes being placed on these vendors. I noticed this happening from time to time from other towns I would visit.

I think this may be some form of communication, that is being used by some group, to share information. What group this is, that I currently do not know. It could be some local Bandits or even possibly the Ebon Dawn? However, I am more suspecting it may be the Ebon Dawn.

I recently was working on some, research. This research was however information I felt was vitally important and had coded the information within it, in a symbolic language I am unaware any other Novian could ever read or interpret (other than myself and my Brother, Suti). I also placed a unique 10 digit code on it, to ensure the accuracy of the information.

A page was taken from me, by an agent of the Ebon Dawn. It is vitally important I get that page back, and I ask you to possibly seek out these lesser known locations, and see if you happen to find one of these pages. I am fairly certain, the Ebon Dawn would be very interested in it’s contents and would be sending this page off as valuable information.

The agents, whom I suspect are assigned to each town, will take these letters within seven days. So time is of the essence.

If you can find this page, I shall reward you for your time in finding this page, and sending it back to me. I must have this letter back.

I thank you for your time,

Anpu

/OOC

There is an item "Worn Page (Player Quest Item)" on a Public Vendor in some Town in Novia. Note, some Towns do not have Public Vendors, some do.

This letter has a unique 10 digit code on it. Once claimed and found, and sent to me, you will receive a reward for finding it. You must send me this letter to claim the reward.

The rewards currently for finding this item are:

50 COTO's
    150,000 Gold

You have 7 days left to find this Letter and return it back to me. Good Luck!

(Additional rewards are from Maya and Marcus SaintClaire! Thank you!)

2. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

Just some small tips, for people that might be new to the game (and I feel this reward would be FANTASTIC for a new player starting out!). Like to help you get started when you go get your FREE POT Row Lot Deed and then you got a nice pile of gold to help with the taxes etc....:

[​IMG]

When you are travelling around on the world map, stand close to a Town and move your Mouse over the name of the town. It will then give you a list of the NPC's that can be found in a town. In this example, the Town of Endurace has a Public Vendor, as well as a number of other NPC's. It also tells you if any quests are available in this Town. And NO, the letter is NOT in this Town... ;)

No one has yet claimed this yet, so don't miss out!

One tiny hint: The Town is on the Novian Continent. It's not in Hidden Vale. :)

3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Please confirm the exact date/time this fun event is ending. I'd love to mention it on the "People In Your Neighborhood" portion of Wylde Safari.

This is such a GREAT idea and sure to be copied by others!! :D

Maya SaintClaire, Rentier and Jaesun like this.
  4. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

I would like to congratulate Pora for being the one who found the page!! :D
    (Don't know if they have a forum name or not).

Because they actually spent the time to actually write me back with a 2 page letter, and it was well written, and went well with this quest, I upped the amount of COTO's. That was nicely done, and such a nice touch, thank you for taking the time to do that!

Below are my letters back to Pora, as well as the original letter they found:
    [​IMG]
    Here are the rewards that were sent:
    [​IMG]
    Thank you so very much for this learning experience, and I can only hope others might have more ideas with this kind of quest, if you wish to try one of your own too!

I'm going to continue this kind of quest for now from time to time. I kind of have some ideas to go with this further. Who are these people.........?

Thank you Pora for participating and thank you Marcus and Maya for the additional rewards for Pora and this first time quest!

5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Just a thought that using player vendors for this sort of thing might not mesh well with the public vendor inventories being included on NullTrading. But given the 7-day timeframe for public vendors and the limited number of us updating the inventories, it's more of a hypothetical problem than a real one. Most often, as with this quest, it would be over before I even knew about it, much less tried to update the vendor listing.

If I did find such a quest item while updating, I'd either buy it for myself, or if I wasn't interested in that particular quest, I could crop the item out of the inventory pic so it didn't show. But that depends on my being able to recognize that something is a player-quest item. If it's not identified as such but has a more discreet item name, then it could end up in the search at Null Trading unintentionally. Which is probably not how quest designers want people to find their items.

Tagging @OxNull for general awareness of the issue.

OxNull likes this.
  6. Maya SaintClaire

Maya SaintClaire Avatar

This is so cool Anpu :cool: I'm so happy Pora found the letter! Congratulations to you both! Can't wait to see what follows!

HEY PORA! WAY TO GO! (2 thumbs up!)

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Jaesun like this.
  7. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

That's fantastic! What a wonderful way to tour Novia :) Makes me wistful for the "Grand Tour Quest" that we had early on in development. Grats to @Jaesun for doing this and @Pora for the completion!

Maya SaintClaire and Jaesun like this.
  8. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Great idea Jaesun! the public vendors are a good resource for an Event like this.

It would be nice to see more Events like this with public vendors. I dont know if there is a dedicated avatar to make it worth peoples wild to have an Event like this continuously, but the idea checking public vendors frequently to find a note that can lead to a reward for discovering it is an interesting treat. And if its not found it just expires and a new note can be put on a different public vendor around the world (Who knows, someone could have been doing that this the whole time and they just expire because no one uses public vendors outside of the main three).

I appreciate your view that Null Trading has weight to tilt the scales for an Event like this, but Null Tradings vendors have to be manually updated and unless there is an active user base updating vendors every day I think Events like this will be safe from spoilers from third party sites. Maybe in 5 years when Null Trading is still around and it becomes less manually dependent it can be seen as a source for spoilers.

While I can see how @Bedawyn can see an item/vendor website like Null Trading as spoiling the fun, I see it as hiding in plane sight.... well sorta.... Hopefully with more awareness it wont be seen as spoilers or an unfair advantage and more as a resource that all are aware of and can utilize.

Thank you for tagging me for the awareness. I can understand the concern. I personally don't use Sota map because I would rather find the locations in game on my own when exploring. I wish they would just have the scroll maps as the in game maps, but some find it useful. And I hope some can find Null Trading useful for items/vendors.

(sorry to ramble on something besides the Original Post)

Ox

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019