Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Would like to play the game sometime

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by iceolate, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceolate

iceolate Avatar

I see that some of you are successful in launching the game and having fun. Must be nice. I must say, I'm beginning to get very disappointed. I have pledged a fair deal of money and have not been to play 5 minutes of this game successfully, even since the first release.

Now, on Release 4, I cannot even log in. Every time it gets past the screen loading scenes and plots, it kicks me right back to the main play screen and requires me to type my password in yet again. I've been trying this since launch and have never been unable to get in. So once again, another Release weekend comes and goes and my frustration is only going to get worse.

At this point, now I have to wait another month to see if I can even get logged into the game. I'm almost beginning to regret my decision to start pledging money in the first place. I'm well aware that there will be bugs, but hey, I can't even log into the game in the first place, so that's a big deal.

Sigh.

Iona, Ferrus and AvatarGG like this.
  2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

What are the specs of the computer you are playing on? (not that it is the reason just wondering)?

3. vjek

vjek Avatar

While I know this doesn't help you, specifically, I've been able to play and login at any time, during any tests so far.

I'm not saying that to make you feel bad, rather to bolster your confidence that when they say the servers are up, they are up and available.

Having said that, how long (exactly) does the zoning process take, for you? How long, in seconds, by the stopwatch, from pressing "Play" to being kicked out to the password screen?
    To O`Sullivan's point, if it's taking you a very long time (like, longer than 30 seconds) to login, the server will (evidently) terminate your connection.

I just timed a login from the login screen to Owl's Head, and it took me 30 seconds, by the stopwatch. Zoning into placeholder wilderness/road hexes, takes less than 10 seconds. (5 seconds for me, to a road hex).
    Zoning into Forest 2 Dragon Fields? 8 seconds.
    Going -back- to Owl's Head, from the overland map? 25 seconds.

This issue you're having may be entirely due to a lack of performance on your machine, possibly due to having more than 30 active processes, fragmented disk, many anti-virus/anti-malware software competing for resources and/or denying access, not running as admin, an extremely old video card, not enough system memory, bad drivers, infected operating system, severely congested Internet access, and many more.
    There are dozens (likely hundreds or more) of people in game, and doing everything R4 offers. The game works, for at least a subset of pledgers.

Take heart, iceolate, and if you want to work through some of those issues, troubleshooting-wise, I'd be happy to help, just PM me here on the forums.

4. Retro

Retro Avatar

1.) Make sure your video driver is up to date
    2.) Disable multiple monitors if you have more than 1.
    3.) Delete the game and client (folder and everything)
    4.) Reboot
    5.) Re-install the client and launch the game (Do Not Change the graphics settings!)
    6.) Delete your character and create a new one (Do Not Change the graphics settings!)
    7.) Load the game. (Do Not Change the graphics settings!)
    8.) Attempt to login.
    9.) If this works you can attempt to change the graphics setting but make sure the mode is always "Fastest"

I'll bet your problem is related to this...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/graphic-resolution.7568/

If I have the graphics set to anything other than "Fastest" (any rez, windowed or full screen) it's crash city for me...haven't tested to see if it was fixed with R4 but that was the case R1-R3...

File a bug in the appropriate forum, don't get discouraged...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/blockers-log-in-issues-hard-crashes.91/

5. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

I've had this happen for three straight days on fastest setting, my general goto. Have done a few reinstalls and tried SPO as well. I was able to log-in to the Dev+ quick test a few weeks back but this seems to defy all varied attempts, character deletions and even toggling Norton Antivirus to ignore the application (unless I need to just deactivate totally - if this is even anything that helps?) There has been a fair number of reported cases scattered throughout the forum. Maybe ill cycle through some more resolution settings tomorrow. Anyway, you aren't alone and I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it, just don't know when.

6. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I was going to ask the same question. Look forward to hearing more if he returns to his thread.

7. Andri

Andri Avatar

Trust me, I don't think you're missing anything...

8. Ferrus

Ferrus Avatar

I'm in the same boat as well. Switching to windowed mode delays it a bit but I still crash so frequently that I can't play. It's been an issue for me since R2, and I have posted in the bug forum each time with my specs etc, but now I'm beginning to just not care.

Iona likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.