Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Would like to see more activities ingame

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by KnownInGameAsGeorge, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

There were a lot of people on for release day. It is good to see.

There was a grand tour quest and that was nice to get something that marks the occasion.
    I am also aware there was some maps uncloned, and I am sure PvP people appreciated it.

I did not see any sort of official event and I was hopeful there would be.
    I would have liked there to be some storyline of some sort with a half hour or so worth of solo questing, maybe a monster or something.

I did see a lot of people hanging around Brittany standing out on the world map. I assume it was some sort of gathering and maybe they were talking among themselves but from a passing persons perspective they were just standing there letting their emotes run. I stood with them for a few minutes then went and did the tour quest.

I think it would be very benificial to have a fairground or sideshow area with a few timewasting minigames and a handful of repeatable events that we could all participate in as a group.

A lot of online games use a similar setup and I am sure the team could think of good ideas that work well in a sota style world. Even something as simple as a roulette wheel drawn on the ground that we can all stand on while we stand around dancing, it could give out snack foods with a cheap buff etc as prizes and not do a lot to the game economy by giving them out free.

I dont especially think it matters what the group would like to implement, but I really do think something should be put in place. It appears obvious in its absence.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Having a pick-up game gust ball could be a good ice breaker and meet new people.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

there was and still is a HUGE even ongoing - Blood Bay Housing - good luck

4. mass

mass Avatar

Wow, how did I miss this? Didn't see an announcement.

5. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah I did not see anything about this what did oyu get?

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  7. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I am also left with the feeling "Was that all?!??".

I would have expected -something-. A few announcements ingame to draw people to the altered zones and roleplay around what happened, perhaps a few special spawns just for the occasion. Or a little gift in the bank or mailbox as a way of saying thank you for having walked over this threshold with us. A celebration that goes beyond playing a few songs on Avatars Radio so people can afk-emote-dance to them. I missed the tour, sadly. Eventhough I hang out in Discord, read the forums, and was ingame at the time, I simply did not know about it. But personally, I think this long-awaited launch should have come with a bigger bang!

Edit: And I do not mean events hosted by players!

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

On the other hand, their entire focus was on trying to have a successful launch.

Elwyn and KnownInGameAsGeorge like this.
  9. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

mass likes this.
  10. KnownInGameAsGeorge

Not trying to be rude Berek, but the page you link to does not have a lot going on.

A few days from launch there is a party planed where songs will play through the in game music system and people will stand and use their emotes.

There is also a player run quest for a few days from now showcasing their player things.

I think the team has done excellent work and the launch appeared to me to go without any technical dificulties, so congratulations on that. A lot of games do not manage that much.

If you are thinking it portrayed to outsiders a full and exciting game world, it did not.
    I have explored the game and I know there are a lot of great things that appeal to me, but only because I backed the game and have been following it in depth for years.

If I was a casual player droping in to check out the big release it would have been disapointing.

Elrond, majoria70, Bow Vale and 2 others like this.
  11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Events other than dance parties please... Thank you very much...

Olthadir, majoria70, Xandra7 and 5 others like this.
  12. zerostryker

zerostryker Avatar

ya im only a few days in and the launch didn't seem like any big event happening at all...there is a lack of info ingame to were the tour quest is or anything for that matter i wanted to be part of the games launch made sure i got up early to make it and ya i was very dull i had no idea about the tour quest aswell

13. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Good idea. So fitting to me as 'fair ground' is my personal entry to Britannia, that I've imagined since playing U5 30 years ago.

A grand launch welcoming would have been teleporting to a fair ground, with minstrels (players) playing instruments in the main street, stalls of wares yadda yadda badda bing badda boom. Lord British, house of wax (with Dev likenesses), a bare knuckle pit fight (pvp demo), a jester, a pony show, a man selling a duck, confetti, fireworks + a kitchen sink doing the cancan.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  14. Godra

Godra Avatar

I was a bit surprised that there wasn't something BIG in game today with all the hype, but at the same time this was a major milestone for this game, Dev Team and all of the community (us) to get out of Early Access and actually an official Launch. I know how some of you may feel, because I felt the same way. I just see a bigger picture I guess with what's to come.

15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The Launch dance party and events are kicking off! See the events forums for all community events:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/release-52-events-launch.1253/

16. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I agree with having
    more activities ingame.
    I also recognize that unless these activities involve special quests, such as the Grand Tour, the devs are not who puts these things together.
    Suggestions can be sent to the devs for such things, and if just for parties, gust ball games, tournaments - then gamers themselves can put those together.

Elwyn and Cordelayne like this.
  17. KnownInGameAsGeorge

All that I said before still stands, but there was at least one really popular event.

The double XP period is massive and a great idea.
    Do this again and advertise it a bit early so people can plan a SOTA weekend.

Even if the server is quiet most of the time having a feature like this will focus players online time. If you want to do something with others and can not find a group you can always come back on a double xp weekend and be certain other players will be on.

It is huge for new players so is always going to be a popular tool for them.
    With the hourly XP cap it will not make a huge change to high level players but might help a few people become high level players who normally wouldnt have the capability.

Please repeat the idea on a semi-regular basis. Not too often, but the more regularly it is repeated the less game breaking it will be.

CrandalltheFoole and Kara Brae like this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Grrrrr missed the fishing derby yesterday.

Looking for Event tool needs to go in with LFG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.