WoW Clone or something ground breaking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chipset35, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

The OP started this thread and never came back. Soooooo..... make of that what you will.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't believe you know what this game is going to be. By this time next year I believe everything you posted will be proven invalid. But only time will tell, I suppose that's the luxury of making unsubstantiated predictions and claims on the internet (for both you and me).

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

What are the items that you feel are ground breaking?

- Level of player housing detail and interactivity?
    - The restoration of reagents as a core requirement of spell casting?
    - Ability play online or offline?
    - Scene driven map, where there is potential for the scenes in a given tile to change (or possibly even be coded to change based on surrounding conditions, like what is happening at a control point?)
    - Others?

tekkamansoul and NirAntae like this.
  4. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

Sincerely, I don't find anything this game is doing groundbreaking. Like many here apparently, I have been playing computer games since before having colors, or even graphics, went mainstream, and thus I have seen about every system proposed for SotA before in older games.

Does this matter, though? IMHO, no. SotA seems to be mixing, in a well thought out and competent manner, a good set of features, some of them fairly rare ones nowadays. To me it looks like it will be a quite enjoyable and unique game, due to the specific combination of features it will use, regardless of any of those features being original or not.

Besides, if I was going to wait for games with features that surprise me, I might as well stop playing games. Akin to how I am with books; I measure the number of novels and novellas I've read in my life at over a thousand, so it's exceedingly rare for me to find a book with a plot twist I've never seen somewhere else.

Kaisa and NirAntae like this.
  5. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

It is most assuredly not a WoW clone. It has a handful of 'groundbreaking' features (online/offline mode, most notably) but I don't think there is likely to be a truly "groundbreaking" game experience until we get a major new tech, the way the internet was in the days of Ultima Online.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Actually there's been a lot less of this lately and it's made the forums less fun.

Bring on the trolls !

Xenolivar Woengus likes this.
  7. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

[​IMG]

Lord Trady of Blix and docdoom77 like this.
  8. Jude

Jude Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.