Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wow Devs! R41 is awesome. One quick combat tweak!!

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

First I just want to say that this release is by far the best yet thank you so much for all your hard work you are making a fantastic and addicting game.

After playing several hours last night I love the changes. One thing that I find that needs to be changed however, is that mobs are able to dodge, parry, and obtain glancing blows when you were attacking them from the rear. This is unrealistic, a simple change on this part I feel makes the combat system very near perfect.

Against higher level mobs melee and I assume ranged are feeling about the same, this release was a significant increase in difficulty realistic combat adding damage resistance Perry Dodge and avoidance to mobs made then much more interesting to fight. However it is incredibly deflating in melee from last release to this one, when things are able to migrate damage from the rear.

@Chris @DarkStarr

Amazing release

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It is awesome, keep up the great work! I am continually blown away by how much the Devs get done in 1 month. Even if I am a loudmouth, you're doing great!

3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Agreed. Release is awesome - combat has been made too difficult though.. at least for us melee players. I have a dexterity of 81 and it seems like I'm missing or getting my attacks parried way too often by even the lowest, green level bad guys.

4. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

as soon as my dex buff expires i go into 100% missing mode, with it on (+14 dex I think) I have like 90% hit chance. don't like the magical threshold tbh

By Tor and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I think with the increase of damage reduction, dodge, parry the resulting glancing blows that mobs now take; As melee there is a significant increase on the amount of focus expended to kill something as well.

Again I like the change. Combat feels much more meaningful. It's very humbling at the same time...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.