1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

WTS 1 Million XP - Service Available Around the Clock

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by PLS, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLS

PLS Avatar

UPDATED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE AS OF JANUARY 4, 2017:

The game has changed since this thread was started, but our service is still available. Now, for your purchase of XP you will be joined by three or four of the highest level players in the game on a control point. You will be on the control point in the middle of the action beside the group's dedicated healer. If all goes smoothly, your 1 Million XP will be delivered in about two hours. If you die (which happens of course you are at risk on a control point!) we will keep working to make up for the XP loss that comes with death so that you leave with 1 Million gained. Looking forward to working with you!

ORIGINAL POST FROM OCTOBER 2016 FOR CLARITY ON DISCUSSION IN THREAD:

We are a group of the highest level adventurers in the game, ready to help you advance in the game quickly. Your job would be to sit safely in the entrance to Brightbone Pass, in party with our service provider. He will kill everything at the control point for as long as it takes for you to get the XP you want, in increments of 500K. Allow 45 minutes with startup time for 500K, XP gain at control points ramps up and if you are interested in purchasing more, it would take only another half hour for an additional 500K. So, that would be one million adventurer XP in 75 minutes.

Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to helping you!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  2. May Day

May Day Avatar

Updating my post from October due to recent activity in this thread to make sure all information is up to date. Have worked with Alexander John and Mac recently, and have found that approximately 500K per hour is accurate after ramp up with recent changes to control points.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  3. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Hey guys, id Also like To mention That i Too am Apart of this collective, i will have an Estimate of Experience gained in a certain time frame once i am comfortable in my ability to offer you guys the service :)

4. BaldorIthyliri

BaldorIthyliri Avatar

Hello, I am one of the guys avaliable to do this I am generally avaliable mon-fri 430pm pst to 12am pst, weekends are also avaliable but my hours are more flexible, I can also provide tips on deck building and general xp pool management information.

King Robert, Mikeyta, hroth and 4 others like this.
  5. KilLox

KilLox Avatar

Great honest service! Would highly recommend this service! :)

6. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

These guys are the real deal! If you are wanting to treat yourself or a friend to a session, don't hesitate because you will not be disappointed! I got a great XP boost during my session with Bum and was able to level my Fire skills apprenticing under his Grand Mastery at the same time. 4 Stars <3

7. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Is this still available?

8. May Day

May Day Avatar

Yes, the service is still available, although the time it takes is a bit longer with game changes.

9. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

This is an exploit, plain and simple. The 40-meter rule was put into place to stop this. It's only a game if you actually 'play.' If you pay to have someone boost your characters stats/skills for you, you are only deluding yourself into thinking you've accomplished something.

valor likes this.
  10. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

I am giving out non exploited exp at the rate of 300k per 60 minutes. In Deeps ravens wood. Price of service, help me decorate my second floor house. Or just be my friend. Either one

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  11. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I bet there are still some spots near the CPs where one char simply can hide withing 40m range of just everything.

Just guessing.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Rofl "someone can do something well that I cant, 'exploit exploit' " Based on assumptions and your interpretation of the 40-meter rule... Is anyone somehow breaking 40 meter range and still getting XP? No.

I'd give you screenshots to prove otherwise, but for not wanting to disclose any information I won't. I simply have my VIP's stand directly on the CP in the middle of the party, keeps them safe from initial proxy-agro (you can have that tidbit).

Here's how I do my business if and when I choose (largely unadvertised):

I can do about 900k to 1M in an hour to a single VIP and I'm asking for a humble 1500 ore to get that much xp in that little time with zero effort and ever increasing safety for the recipient.
    They put in the time doing their trade (mercantile, harvesting, etc.) and I put in the time doing my trade (intelligence, strategy, planning, killing), then we barter services with each benefiting from the other's abilities/chosen gameplay. Seems like its a pretty good system.

1500 ore @ 30 per = roughly 45000 gold, pretty good deal at appx 50k on the million xp.

And before anyone goes there, I require payments in ore or whatever suits my fancy at the time (sometimes game gold will suffice). I do not accept cash. Keep it in the game ppl, fight the paypal.

I think it's an exploit to be able to play at all with your wallet, but hey, that's just my interpretation so I leave it alone and play my game accordingly. In my opinion, it's the ones that buy everything with IRL cash and don't earn anything through gameplay that are deluding themselves into accomplishment, arguably you could transcend the game/real-life barrier to extend IRL accomplishments into game luxuries... Anyway, leave these people alone to do what they do, you do what you do, we all go about our merry little ways and let the dev's give guidance as they see fit.

~2 Cotos

PS - I imagine the actual method and rates have changed considerably with changes to game mechanics, mob resists/hp, zone layouts, xp/party rules, etc. from the original post.

13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I asked the devs before I even started this endevor, and it was allowed. As xeen pointed out, its not an exploit.

14. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Excellent individuals players and definitely worth the investment and time to experience a different aspect of the game than your used to.

V/R Brickbat

Off-topic commentary -
    To some people everything is an exploit - using nobles chat in game, not looting corpses when you kill them, being 600 stones overweight and not leaving the instance to get below your stone limit, etc.

End this nonsense and give us our PVE game back with optional/opt in PVP.

V/R Brickbat

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  15. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Dont use Mac2 he will give you the XP you paid for when he says he will so be careful you might even learn how to play better from him ...... run away! Be careful or you will make a friend, learn how to play better and be stronger. You have been warned!

16. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

It's not my interpretation of the 40-meter rule and the release instructions detail the reason for the 40-meter rule...

excerpt:

(Nov.16th 2016-DarkStarr)
    • 40 Meter Requirement for XP Gain (Experiment): We have constrained Experience Point gain so that you must be within 40 meters of other members of your party. Previously, you just had to be in the same zone and this was being used as an exploit where low level characters would wait at the entrance of a zone while high-level players would farm the area to level the low-level character safely.
    Full post:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-37-instructions.74226/#post-723285

It's not a question of if you are breaking the 40 meter range requirement and getting experience. It's the fact that you, and others, are actively circumventing an exploit-fix rather than reporting it as an issue.

As far as, "someone can do something well that I cant, 'exploit exploit' ", trying to be demeaning doesn't make your argument valid. I have a problem with people gaining experience with no effort whatsoever, while the rest of us work to gain it. I don't think that the Developers intended to have experience be treated as a commodity.

fonsvitae likes this.
  17. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Possibly...wondering about the cliffs above Eastreach gap and how far away that is, and whether or not the Z level is taken into account.

18. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I think you misunderstand the service. They help avatar learn to hunt efficiently for compensation. It is not passive, nor is it unlawful/improper. Think a tutor.

19. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I'm not sure how I might have misconstrued the OP's words, but maybe you can explain to me how 'sitting safely in the entrance' teaches a player anything. I'm not sure when sitting transitioned from a passive activity to an active one. If charging a player for teaching them how to play is your intention, although I don't like that idea, it at least wouldn't be exploiting the game. But, as the OP's post clearly details, the player sits safely at the entrance and someone else gains experience for them. No mention of tutoring, teaching techniques, or any other benefit to the player, other than experience points, is mentioned in the OP's post.

fonsvitae likes this.
  20. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

The player Can no longer sit at the entrance....... they come with us

OHM, CatherineRose and King Robert like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.