1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

WTS 1 Million XP - Service Available Around the Clock

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by PLS, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ya'll just arguing about semantics that are actually more related to extremely poor structural mechanics in this game that need to be fixed period (especially with persistence)

Yes, its ridiculous that people can stand at an entrance and get 1 mil exp in an hour
    Yes its ridiculous that people can get 1 mil exp in 1 hour period.
    Yes its ridiculous that people can get 30 GM's in the first month of persistence

I'm now lvl 87 and I got it all with hard solo grinding farming....

Fix the game first.

This stuff should never have existed before persistence was set in place and really shows a catastrophic failure on the part of the dev team.

Onyx likes this.
  2. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

You might want to let staff know and you might want to read and subsequently edit the original post. The initial post says a player 'sits safely at the entrance' while another player kills and gets them experience. I don't know why any of you are trying to debate something that I haven't listed as a complaint. If players are actively participating in a hunt, then I have no problem with it. You guys who keep posting responses to me should really read the posts I've written.

Maybe the fact that you consider my previous posts 'ramblings' is the reason why you are arguing with me about something I haven't raised as an issue. In fact, I have stated in this thread that if you are contributing to a hunt that it isn't an exploit. If you have an issue comprehending what my complaint was about I can try to explain it in simpler terms, though I thought I made my point of contention plain. If you are just going to keep arguing against an issue that noone has raised, then there is nothing more that I can do to help you understand.

3. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Yes its ridiculous that people can get 1 mil exp in 1 hour period.

I dont think you realise the Effort and cohesion a Full party Must posess in order to pull this off so for you to say its rediculous shows you know nothing as to how much concentration is required.

Yes its ridiculous that people can get 30 GM's in the first month of persistence

i Have 65 GM's now, im a total explouter Obviously,

I'm now lvl 87 and I got it all with hard solo grinding farming....

Is that just it or am i missing the point? im adv level 104 now and i did that by grouping with friends and running control points :)

This stuff should never have existed before persistence was set in place and really shows a catastrophic failure on the part of the dev team.

This is the hand we were all Dealt, Either play The game or step away from the Table :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    CatherineRose likes this.
  4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

This I totally agree with. I agree mistakes, with regards to mechanics were made and that the game shouldn't have entered persistance prior to major issues like this being fixed. However, I believe that the developers are dedicated to making the necessary adjustments to correct things like this.

5. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Still think this service is great, they'll teach you the ropes of control points and get you up to speed in how to play the game.

V/R Brickbat
    They made the change and called it an exploit at that point - which they had never, ever, ever stated before that point - I absolutely disagree that it's was ever an exploit before that point.

V/R Brickbat

CatherineRose, King Robert and Mac2 like this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

You right there lost my respect with this fluffy assumption filled response. I dont know CP's? Did I say the word exploit, CP's take "concentration" (rather then mind numbing boring standing around mashing the same button), no? Do you need grammar/spell checker, Yes

65 GM's... come one... That is actually embarrassing if you ask me. I already have a job.

Are you going to quit the game when the devs do exactly what they say they are gonna do and nurf the hell out of CP's so that you cant get your 100th GM?

Besides you did this:

7. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

In Hindsight, i Rushed my response to your post and Made assumptions, and for that i Apologise

The reason for my level is i have no job and have more time to play than most people, i have 4.5k hours played, and truth is im dealing with depression and playing this game helps keep me sane

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

The players who get XP ARE working for it in other ways (effort through mercantile, mining, or gold saved from other hunts, you name it) and their safety is in no way guaranteed beyond the ability of the party to protect them. All a matter of interpretation. Heck, was having some problems with the server and targetting issues last night. We wiped 3 times. How is that safe with no effort?

Apologies if you were insulted by my other statement. It's become commonplace to observe 'Tall Poppy Syndrome', and that's what it was a reference to in simple terms. If you knew me, you would know that I'm a capitalist and a master of my trade. I expect all who are with me to do quality work for the duration of our endeavors.

No one gets a free ride with me. My healers do work for their xp (as do I), and my customers pay for theirs with game resources or currency (simply earned at another time). I do not accept cash, and I actively try to avoid it for any game transaction when possible. For example, very rare items/TF lot deeds are quite difficult to get without going through cash :: my game resource/gold -> cash -> desired game item.

Additionally, we are all doing this in PVP mode, which is inherently unsafe, so come do something about it if it bothers you so much. Join the Para Crusade of Jealousy.

Now if experience shouldn't be a commodity, then they need to setup XP restrictions based on player lvl vs zone lvl or mob lvl or average party member lvl or whatever and impose penalties. They have explicitly stated that they did not want to go this route to retain as much group play as possible.

"Exploit"
    verb
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, harness, use, make use of, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from;

noun
    a bold or daring feat.

You have a job right? You earn money, then you exploit a grocery store to get food or other items. Is that wrong? No. You put in effort in one place and converted those profits into another kind of profit. It's as simple as that.

Until a Dev decides and implements game mechanics to prevent this practice, it's a part of normally achievable game play and in no way warrants being called 'exploitative' (a VERY subjective word). Hell, anything you do can be considered exploiting. So please stand down.

CatherineRose and Fister Magee like this.
  9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

I play at work and at home as many hours as I can, one character, one game, one mission. I even have my gf play and have now found a 2nd dedicated and quite competent healer to share my insights and party with on a similar schedule.

Time and quality effort in = quantity/quality reward out and the world is just.

People like us don't complain about someone who works or is on call 12 hours a day and making $100 an hour, we just enjoy what we do well, our games. At the same time, people who have such busy real life schedules should not expect to do as well as someone like us for lack of hours to invest in the game. I intentionally avoid working irl so much so that I can play games. Incredibly talented, just don't care to cut into my gaming time so long as I'm able to continue paying for living expenses, my vehicle, and my recently purchased lot and home (a humble 70x90 village sized lot with a 1 story brick and wood home :) )

PS - You can always chat me up, you know I'm good for it. Might only have a few seconds to respond between each wave when extremely busy though :p

10. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

via TFD.com

2. To make use of selfishly or unethically: a corporation that exploited peasant labor.

synonyms:

take advantage of, abuse, use, manipulate, milk, misuse, dump on (slang, chiefly U.S.), ill-treat, **** on (taboo slang), play on or upon
    Casual workers are being exploited for slave wages.

Words have more than one meaning. You obviously prefer to pick the meaning that suits your needs and isn't used in the context which we are discussing. It's called playing semantics.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Seems like in this case, the "peasant" labor is volunteered in exchange for the labor the people offering the service offer. It sounds more like a mutual exchange rather than exploiting labor.

Seems like OHM xeen and mac and whever else does this has a good legit thing going on that thier customers seem to appreciate. I frikin hate powerleveling.

CatherineRose, Fister Magee and PLS like this.
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Thank you.

13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

A reminder that this is a marketplace thread, not a general commentary thread. If you are not interested in the service, please do not comment.

14. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

This team works there butt's off at a control point, even if I had 100 skills GMed I wouldn't want to work as hard as they do. Anyone in need of an exp boost should give them a try, you won't be sorry! :)

And it's fun :)

Mac2, CatherineRose, PLS and 2 others like this.
  15. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

I'd would like to give this a try, How much in game gold for the service for 1 mill xp?
    Looking for something this weekend.

Mac2 likes this.
  16. Nyxi

Nyxi Avatar

So grouping and killing things with higher level/better equipped/more experienced guild members is also exploiting then is it?! Because thats exactly the same scenario, im guessing these guys are just more efficient

Mac2 likes this.
  17. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Sounds legit.

Everyone for some reason thinks XP in CPs is overpowered or an exploit, i totally roflcopter at all thoose people who simply know nothing.
    And yes, i can only imagine how much concentration you need to hold an CP constantly.

I play since 3 Month.
    I am now ADV Level 94, close to 95, solo grind, never did any CP for XP. One ADV Level already takes about 4-6mil XP (never really counted for exact numbers).
    I could have about 35 - 40 GMs already, but i decided to level INT, STR,DEX, Healthy and Heightness Awareness to 100 which alone ate about 45mil XP.
    I could be easily already ADV. Level 100+ as well if i wouldn't have had an 3 weeks break btw. :p

I only write this (for others to read) to show that you do not need CPs at all, that CPs are not overpowered and that hunting there in an group, even with lowbies is no exploit.

Or in other words (again for others), just play the game if you want to catch up (hint: CPs are not needed :p).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  18. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Mac2 and Mikeyta like this.
  19. Brainmanager

Brainmanager Avatar

is this offer still available and if it is how much IGG does it cost? :cool:

20. May Day

May Day Avatar

Yes the service is still available, and the price depends on volume purchased. We will send you a direct message so we don't clutter the boards. Thanks so much for your interest!

Pawz and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.