1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

[WTS] [WTT] Seed Investor Perks

Discussion in 'Sell Items (WTS Gear, Decorations, Crafted Items)' started by dayero, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayero

dayero Avatar

Hi,

i am a relatively new player and i am considering going for a small ($ 500 or $1000) investment in Portalarium. However, since i have basically nothing except the four gathering posperity tools - yeah, no house or anything - the investor perks are really unappealing to me. Being a homeless guy in full golden armor is a bit ridiculous, don't you think? :)

If you are already ingame rich and have some small stuff to spare, you might get me to invest, help portalarium and wear the cloth to prove it, without having to tie up another $500/$1000 of your money.
    It's basically win/win/win :)

Offers via pm or here. Note that if we come to an agreement, it will have to be public anyway so that no party goes back on it. Obviously the final transaction can only happen once the items are delivered by Portalarium, which will be at least a month away.

I am looking to exchange those fancy items for something less fancy but more useful:
    - a nice cozy row lot or village lot deed (both PA, POT, Taxed or not, for their respective value)
    - any indestructable tools (both artisan or prosperity) except those for gathering
    - Commission free vendor, probably too expensive, but one can try
    - small amount of store credit for extra bank slots
    - any other reward stuff with ingame usefulness i didnt think of
    - or if all else fails, paypal friends and family or bitcoin/litecoin

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
  2. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

Are you sure these items are tradable?

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

There are a few problems here.

1. You can only place adds for items that are curtently avail for trade. These are not

2. Its possible that the seed wont make the minimum. Meaning there might not even be perks

3. Im not even sure people are allowed to talk about the perks outside the seedsite.

4. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

My suggestion is if you choose to invest, invest. But if they don't meet the 500k minimum, the rewards will not be given out from what I have read. On top of that, I could be mistaken and anyone chime in, but the bundles are probably a far better deal unless you look to resell some of the items from the invest not to mention you will have to pay taxes on that. Lastly, if you are needing shelter, this upcoming release when room rental comes out Serenite is offering free housing to non guild members who wish to join our booming city. This will give players a chance to eventually build up and afford there own place to stay but not everyone can do that. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  5. dayero

dayero Avatar

1. i understood the rule about immediate trades differently. As far as I understood it, it doesnt require immediate availability, just the willingness to actually trade, not just list items.
    2. Obviously the trades won't happen then.

On all three points clarification from a mod would be nice.

In any case, it would be helpful if it was allowed to make agreements before the items were available. I think this would help Portalarium too, since the value of these golden items is very subjective, so you might have some investors who like me don't value decorative items very highly and are more likely to invest if they could make sure they can get perks relevant to them by way of trading.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im not weighing in on your thread about value of the items or thier rarity, that stuff is all between the buyer and seller. My points as ive illistrated above and ill leave it at that.

Edit: For the record if they hit the game I expect they will be rare and most people who got them will never trade them.

7. dayero

dayero Avatar

Don't understand, too many references.
    "The Bundles" - > What bundles?
    "Taxes on that"? What "that"? According to which country's tax law?

I am not much of a grinder, so renting and then grinding towards my first home is relatively unappealing to me.
    I am not just investing for the perks, but the investment without the perks is definitely at least borderline unprofitable. If not downright foolish. So i am essentially looking for an excuse :-D

8. dayero

dayero Avatar

Oh, and i won't reply on any offers, here or pm until a mod clears up if trading the perks here - and now - is actually allowed. Thanks for understanding.

9. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538

Bundle store in the addon store. Much less expensive to get a tax free lot and home to live on if you eventually want home.

lizkimber2 likes this.
  10. lizkimber2

lizkimber2 Avatar

if you have a row lot deed as part of your investment, you are homeless by choice :p

11. dayero

dayero Avatar

Yeah, but that is only part of the $1000 investment perks.

12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

You can discuss a potential trade but you cannot have any money exchange hands until after the seedinvest is completed and the items are built and able to be awarded/delivered.

Source: 4 years experience and similar threads in the past i.e. Selling specific parts of your pledge before persistence was not permitted because you could not trade those items until after persistence.

13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

They are not allowed by Regulation C, unfortunately. Please do not post what's considered "Terms" in the forums, which include:

- Amount raised
    - Min investment
    - Target min
    - Closing conditions

It's legal rules that prevent these from being discussed. If you want to bring them up, just point to the SeedInvest page and say something like "all the perks, see this link for details".

Also, this is not a permitted trade in the marketplace, as the goods cannot be provided immediately upon the trade.

14. dayero

dayero Avatar

Thanks for the clarification!

I am in the process of contacting everyone that I will hold off on any trades for the perk items until after I have the items in my possession.
    In any event some people were very helpful and the information they provided helped my decide that I will in fact invest in Portalarium.

So unless the seedinvest fails or something goes horribly wrong on my end, we will see each other in a few weeks! Thanks for your interested and assistance!

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  15. lizkimber2

lizkimber2 Avatar

I did say "IF"

16. dayero

dayero Avatar

Update/Bump/Necro:

As it happens, I did invest in Port at the $1000 level and just claimed those fancy items. i'll keep the tax free lot and i haven't decided on the greenhouse yet. But these items I have ready for sale:
    • Box of Replenishing Golden Fireworks
    • Golden Cloak
    • Golden Clockwork Armor
    • Golden Lord British Shield
    • Golden Clockwork Raven
    • Golden Lord British Moondial
    I just repost what i am looking for since it hasn't changed much:

- any indestructable tools (both artisan or prosperity) except those for gathering
    - Commission free vendor, probably too expensive, but one can try
    - any other reward/store stuff with ingame usefulness i didnt think of
    - paypal friends and family or bitcoin/litecoin
    - ingame gold or store credit

I am not really an expert on prices and I am not desperate to sell. So when in doubt, I might have to decline reasonable offers until I get a better understanding of the value of my (and possibly your) items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.