Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Xavara, the Fire Pillar

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

So I discovered "Xavara, the Fire Pillar," on top of a hill in Nightshade Pass (also called "Hilt" for some reason). It (she?) casts a low level fireball spell, and doesnt melee. I am ~ level 33, it looks to be level 50+. I have 268HP, it has 1117HP.

So basically, I can stand there and melee the mob and train my skills up and heal myself and it cant kill me until I run out of focus. I cant really hurt it, at least not faster than it regenerates health. Its like a high level gustball - I just stand there and train one or two of my weapon skills on it while healing myself, and it just thwacks me with low level fireballs. Its too easy. Shouldnt this thing melee me and kill me in 2 hits?
    There is a troll in this zone with lower health than this fire boss, and it can crush me in 2 hits.

Is this fire boss mob just not complete? What am I missing here? It seems I shouldnt be able to use this thing as a fancy training dummy.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

That is actually a quest mob that you need to kill before being able to purchase the summon fire elemental skill from a trainer. It's intentionally made fairly easy to kill so you can earn the right to buy that skill at even a lower level.

Beaumaris likes this.
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Oh! @Daxxe Diggler, care to share more info? My roomate is on that very quest, I was trying to locate the mob for her since she is new to SoTA in general. Im around level 33 and shes about level 17. If she has the quest, is there some condition that allows her to drain its health more quickly? Basically, could the two of us kill it for her quest, or do we need to bring another fighter or two?

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You can enter Nightshade Pass in a party, but in R25 the party had to be formed before entering. I assume it's the same in R26. I haven't tried it but I see no reason why you couldn't kill the fire elemental with your friend and let her loot the body. She needs to collect the ashes of the elemental. If you try it, you can report back if it worked :)

By the way, Hilt is the name of the fortress across the lake in the Nightshade Pass scene.

Katrina Bekers and stratigos like this.
  5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Yes, I only see my party members in Nightshade Pass in R26. Xavara is so far the easiest summon unlock of the set. Well, except for the ones that don't require a quest unlock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.