Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

XP application for Enchant Armor order of magnitude less than Masterwork armor

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Diego Mas, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

4/24/2018 8:52 AM
    Title: XP application for Enchant Armor order of magnitude less than Masterwork armor
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: See Below
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.QA.Win.64.670.Date.04.23.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads
    Area Display Name: Crossroads
    Loc: (59.7, 39.9, -365.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENyb3Nzcm9hZHN8KDU5LjcxMywgMzkuOTM1LCAtMzY1LjUzNSl8KDAsIC0wLjcxOSwgMCwgLTAuNjk1KXwtMjc4Ljg0ODd8NDAuMTQxMjV8Mi45MzAyNjE=

Enchant armor is only applying 57 XP per enchant
    Masterwork Leather armor applies 403 xp per Masterwork

This is almost a full magnitude of difference. This was reported previously without reponse.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-not-applying-xp-properly.108665/#post-934595

Level 33 enchant armor
    level 45 Tailor Leather Armor Masterwork

I should have taken shots when the levels were closer together, but Masterwork raised so quickly. I did not know I needed to reverse engineer the math.

Enchant before

[​IMG]

Enchant After
    [​IMG]

Masterwork Before
    [​IMG]

Masterwork After
    [​IMG]

2. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

Used a potion or Guidance
    Tailor Leather Armor Masterwork applies 1895
    Enchant Armor applies 335

It would be nice if on QA there was some way to change settings to make for exact comparisons between skills. Examples below:
    buy 'quest' items from merchants for adjusting xp levels or direct setting of xp level CLI
    set skill level CLI

Update:
    Using potion of guidance got the enchant armor up to level 50 (same as tailor MW Leather)
    Enchant applied 419 xp to skill which is only 22% as much as applied to MW Leather at the same level.

Notes
    All testing done on normal crafting tables (previous test linked above was done on expert tables with comparable results)
    Devotionals were not applied
    Wearing ring of Chrisopoeia
    Tailoring tool or Prosperity

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Diego Mas, part of what controls how much a recipe give you is how many times you've used it. since there's one enchantment recipe but three masterwork recipes, it's likely you've used enchant a lot more than tailoring masterwork.

4. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

Its not about xp gained from enchanting. This thread is about XP applied from the pool to raise skill.

The figures I've recorded is it takes 5 times as many enchants (armor) at the same level to raise a level compared to Masterwork (leather armor)

But that does beg the question, do you get xp from the enchant and masterwork. I'll lock it and check the figures.

5. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

Isn't it the same on the live server? Enchanting is very slow to raise compared to masterworking.

6. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Enchanting is a 2x multiplier skill thats why.. it takes twice as much exp to GM compared to masterworking

Lexie likes this.
  7. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

Yes its the same as the live server, I needed QA for the raw mats to to make a level comparison between the two exactly.

Yes Enchant Armor is a 2x skill, but that doesn't change the fact that each use of the skill is only transferring 22% of what other similar skills transfer on use. With the skill being a 2x that means it takes 10 times as many armor enchants to raise a level than Masterwork armor.

Just because a bugged mechanic has been put up with for a long time doesn't mean the algorithm is correct.

To the Devs, if this is correct and exactly how its supposed to work (Enchant armor takes 10 times as many Ingots to train compared to masterwork armor), its your call to make that decision. I just want to document quantitatively, plan for skills development and share the knowledge with the community.

Rentier likes this.
  8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It has been this way for years now, I think? And you guys are right, it is more expensive and MW is much easier in comparison. But with the XP application, I do believe this was done with consideration on how powerful enchanting can be at the high levels as it results in some of the best gear in the game, combined with MW. I'm still working on GMing enchanting myself. (Granted, I'm not an uber crafter.)

I've submitted it for additional consideration but I know somewhere along the line this has come up before. But we'll review.
    @Diego Mas
    #58403, thank you

Diego Mas and Rentier like this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Personally I wish all the crafting skills worked the same way as enchanting.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.